outbox deletion

gingercuster

New Email
Several weeks ago I sent a large email with pictures in it and it has still not sent the email. How can I delete this message. It is really slowing my outlook emails down.
Thank you

foggy

Valued Member
Hi,

:confused:

How large was/is this email?
What email service do you use (Gmail, Outlook.com, AOL, other)?
Do you use webmail or a desktop/phone client?

Webmail sends immediately and almost instantaneously, so you must be talking about a desktop client of some sort. Even so, I don't understand how it could take several weeks! Are you sure you're not misunderstanding what's going on? Do you mean you clicked to 'send' the email but when you checked back later it was still in your outbox? In this case, it simply might not have sent. What happens if you try resending?

:confused:

gingercuster

New Email
The email was 57mb and I use Microsoft Outlook.
Not sure about your question about webmail or a desk top client. Our internet is with AT&T.

I do know how to send an email. Believe me I have tried to resend but it is hung up somehow because the file is so large with pictures. I have tried to delete it but it will not let me delete it.
Please advise - thanks

Can you help me?

foggy

Valued Member
Hmm... Well, you're probably referring to the Outlook client in Microsoft Office (as opposed to "outlook.com" the webmail service). In that case, unless Ray (popowich) is familiar with this issue and posts a reply, I'm afraid all I can do is offer a few links for you. Maybe one of them will help:

1) Here is a link to some official Microsoft videos dealing with your issue.

2) Here is an Outlook forum site that has been helpful to me in the past. They're usually fairly quick to respond.

Let us know what results you get. :)