Our emails go to spam :(

Gptreasure

New Email
We run a cashback website and when users register they should get an email activation / confirmation, however if they use hotmail it automatically goes to their spam folder :(

Is there anything we can do about it? We never spam our users and currently we don't even send out newsletters... if there's any to ask hotmail to consider our request it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

THERESA

Customer Service
Many websites that I sign up for warn me a couple of times to add their email to their address book so it doesn't end up in their spam folder. You could try warning people in large print to do that where they sign up and to suggest that if they didn't get their confirmation email to check their spam folder.

Gptreasure

New Email
Many websites that I sign up for warn me a couple of times to add their email to their address book so it doesn't end up in their spam folder. You could try warning people in large print to do that where they sign up and to suggest that if they didn't get their confirmation email to check their spam folder.

Thank you for your answer Theresa,
There is no way to contact Hotmail directly asking them to re-consider and remove that "spam status"?

THERESA

Customer Service
Yes, I forgot about this form you can fill out to request that they lift the blacklist status from your emails. There are no guarantees but if you fill it out, they will look at it and consider it.

Another problem could be your IP reputation. That doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with your site. (I can't speak for it either way) There is an article written geared toward marketing and building your reputation but many tips may also apply regarding your site being blacklisted.