Only want to Send

Michelle P

New Email
Thanks for providing this forum. I recently had a nasty Malware attack that devastated my laptop and had to reformat. I'm setting up Windows Live Mail and have two email accounts - one that I do all my work on and another that I use for replying to people-when I don't want them to have my main email address. Problem is that I'm getting doubles of every email I recieve and I think it's because of this second address. How do I set it up so that it only sends mail and does not receive? the program used to be set up this way but our original tech is not around anymore to help out?

Any thoughts?
:thanks:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Are you getting doubles of all new email or just the replies?

Are you getting the doubles in the same inbox or they are showing up in the inbox of both configurations?

It sounds like you created two profiles that are using pop3 to check the same incoming mail server but you used different Email Address: and Reply Address: values for the different profiles so you could send as either one?

Does your email provider support IMAP? I'm wondering if the original solution was to configure your accounts as IMAP and not POP accounts. If you are not sure if you can do IMAP what is the domain name for your email address? If you setup IMAP configurations then you can connect from multiple mail programs and even different computers. They would all share the same view of your inbox and folders on the email providers mail servers.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Michelle P

New Email
Wow! Thanks for the quick reply. I figured out the problem. I found the check box that disables the second account from receiving messages and I can still send.

But now that I have your attention I have found a new issue. I am using Live Mail for my job and need to have my email looking perfect (as I can get). What I am finding is that when I forward emails I'm loosing formatting. ie. I'm getting spaces where quotes are in the original...any thoughts?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Is this happening when you are forwarding HTML or Plain Text emails?

When you forward does the original email appear to be wrapping?

By wrapping I mean is content that should be on one line becoming two lines of content?

It might be easier to figure this out if you take a screen shot that shows an example of the problem.

:thanks: