Not Receiving Email in Hotmail

dm1405

New Email
Hi,

I am using coolcapricorn.com domain of hotmail. Since last 2 weeks i am not able to receive single emails in my account. Even if i send to my own account it does not hit inbox. Neither bounce msg comes if i send to wrong emails id's.

If i send mails it reaches to others successfully. I tried contact support team but there is no response.

Is there any way i can get this sorted out.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

From what I can see coolcapricorn.com has nothing to do with Hotmail.

Domain name: coolcapricorn.com

Administrative Contact:
Diadem Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Hriday Biyani (dns@diadem-tech.com)
+1.3323581901
Fax: +1.3323581905
P-245, Block-A, Lake Town
KOLKATA, 700064
IN

Are you sure that you are experiencing a problem with the Hotmail service?

Hotmail users were recently upgraded: http://www.emailquestions.com/email-articles/2292-new-windows-live-hotmail-features.html

For help resolving problems with the new Hotmail: http://www.emailquestions.com/hotma...ms-including-blank-pages-login-redirects.html

dm1405

New Email
Yup you are right, coolcapricorn.com domain registrar is Diadem Technology. But my email id i.e. darpan@coolcapricorn.com was registered through coolhotmail web and it belong to Windows Live Team. I had contacted domain registrar to change MX record as i found that this domain has expired from 19th July, 2010 and i started facing problem since 19th July, 2010 only.

I asked Diadem Technology to renew the same and update MX record but they informed me that as this domain is registered by Windows Live team they will have to contact them, i informed to Windows Live team also but there is no response. They have only escalated my thread but since last 48 hrs there is no response from them.

Being this my primary email id i am totally frustrated as all my emails i am missing.

Is there any other way you can suggest.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Interesting.

Looking back in history I see that coolcapricorn.com -was- part of coolhotmail.com, and that coolhotmail.com is still owned by Microsoft :

Registrant:
Microsoft Corporation
Domain Administrator
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
US
Email: domains@microsoft.com

Registrar Name....: CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
Registrar Whois...: whois.corporatedomains.com
Registrar Homepage: www.cscprotectsbrands.com

Domain Name: coolhotmail.com

Created on..............: Mon, Aug 06, 2007
Expires on..............: Sat, Aug 06, 2011
Record last updated on..: Mon, Aug 03, 2009

Administrative Contact:
Microsoft Corporation
Domain Administrator
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
US
Phone: +1.4258828080
Email: domains@microsoft.com

Technical Contact:
Microsoft Corporation
MSN Hostmaster
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
US
Phone: +1.4258828080
Email: msnhst@microsoft.com

DNS Servers:

ns1.msft.net
ns5.msft.net
ns4.msft.net
ns2.msft.net

If it's true that Microsoft let the domain expire, let it stay expired for some time, and now someone else owns it, there probably isn't much you can do about it.

Your timeline of the problem suggests Microsoft dropped the horoscope domains during the recent Hotmail upgrade :

http://www.emailquestions.com/email-articles/2292-new-windows-live-hotmail-features.html

It's a little odd since domains don't expire on demand. The timing is possibly a coincidence.

Try posting a support question in Microsoft's support forum here :

Hotmail Threads

And please let us know the link to your question after it is posted so we can track the issue too.

:thanks: -Raymond

sam1945

New Email
I am having the same issue since yesterday and my email ID ends with chennairocks.in

Hotmail was offering these customized email ID's under coolhotmail.com where users could choose their email ID's

It now appears coolhotmail.com is no longer registered.

Not sure, how Hotmail could have missed this. This is rubbish.

Also, I am unable to see any info, in the below link that you provided. Has Hotmail got back to you

Thanks for your reply, i had already posted support request in live support team, which is now recently escalated. Link to same is as below:

Customer Escalations Threads

thanks once again.