no scroll bar

soes3836

New Email
Hi
For about 2 months now in every browser that I open my hotmail account (e.g firefox, safari, built in mail on Mac, my iPhone mail, internet explorer) I have no scroll bar nor anyway of looking at previous mail lower then the browser window. Can someone please help?

Cheers
Steph

THERESA

Customer Service
Are you talking about the scroll bar that I circled on the right or one that would be further to the right in your actual browser? (you can click on the image to enlarge it)

hotmail shot.png

soes3836

New Email
Thanks for getting back to me I will attach a screen shot of what it looks like. You can see it is the scroll bar you circled but there is nothing there.

Cheers
Steph

Last edited by a moderator:

THERESA

Customer Service
Yes I see the scroll bar is missing. (for anyone else reading this post, where I circled mine in red, there isn't one there) I removed your picture because it showed your email address and I didn't want spammers to get a hold of it. Your email should never be posted on a public site because spammers sometimes find email addresses that way.

I just realized we have an old thread about the missing toolbar. I doubt you will have to do the first step to maximize your screen. I have a feeling that your problem can be solved by following the second or third step to make it work. Please let me know if either step works for you and which one so we can help others in the future.

:thanks:

Follow this link:

http://www.emailquestions.com/hotmail/270-fix-your-scroll-bar-new-windows-live-hotmail.html

soes3836

New Email
Thank you for not posting that picture, I did not realise this could be an issue.

I saw this thread before and neither of the 3 options work for me. If I make the text larger, yes I do get a scroll bar but a very large one that only allows me to see the 6 or emails that were previously there. This happens with all browsers and its like my emails from over 2 weeks ago don't exist.

THERESA

Customer Service
That's very strange that F11 or clicking the square at the top middle of the browser doesn't fix it. I will continue to try to figure it out. In the meantime, if you figure it out, please post it here so we can help others that might run into the same problem.

:thanks: