Need To Trace An Email Source

Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all let me introduce myself. My name is Alaa Abdelkhaleq & I hope that you can assist me in this matter.

An anonymous person has sent an email to some management staff and we need to locate the sender and know who is he/she to deal with the situation.

The Sender Email is: mhdaliz@outlook.com

After Running the Email Analyzer using the message header (Attached), the last IP Address I get is the IP Address of Microsoft as you see below:

The email source IP address is: 65.54.190.187
The email source IP host name is: 65.54.190.187.
Email Source IP Lookup Info
City: Redmond
Area Code: 425
Latitude: 47.6801
Longitude: -122.1206
ISP: Microsoft Hosting
Organization: Microsoft Hosting

I have opened a case with Microsoft already and their reply was: ((The email seems to be coming from hotmail.com servers, so you can open a request to them)).

My Question:
Can you assist me in tracing the sender’s IP Address to physically locate the place that this email was sent from?

Notes:
· Attached is the message header for your reference.
· We can deal with the ISP & Authorities later.
· We are willing to provide you with any needed documents & details.

Attachments

• Message Header.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,765

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Both Outlook.com and Hotmail.com are Microsoft services.

The outlook.com service does not include the IP address of the sending computer in their email headers.

The only way to obtain the senders IP address would be to submit a legal request to Microsoft.

BTW, even if you were successfully able to to do that, there is no guarantee you'll be able to connect the sending IP with a physical place or specific person.