My hotmail account keeps getting hacked

lava80

New Email
My computer is Windows 7. My hotmail account is my business account. The priority is increased because the email in my account is very important business email. My account is at least 8 years old for business purposes. Check my details for the exact email address. This is the second incident this year. I recall my account was hacked several years ago too. I was hacked 6 months ago. I ran another security scan today and there were no results. Please help me understand how a hacker got in my account when I need to be texted a secret code. I understand not all support speaks english. If you give me easy and clear directions I will give you easy and clear responses. Please let me know what details you need. Thank you everyone for your help.

peviha

Valued Member
Hi,

My first suggestion would be to find out who hacked into your account.

Go to https://account.live.com/Activity and review the account activity list. See some logins you don't recognise? From a country you've never been to? If so, click on the button "This wasn't me" for those logins.

I get that you have 2-factor logins enabled. That's a good thing. Still, I'd recommend that you change your password (again), just to be on the safe side. This should log out all active sessions, including those from someone hacking into your account.

Finally, I'd strongly suggest getting a proper business email account instead of using Outlook.com for critical business email. A business email account will give you access to a real support department who can help you much better. If you want suggestions for a good business email host, just let me know.

-peviha