Multiple questions need answered!

snacks

Valued Member
I wanted to get a new email service, after looking around and trying many of them I decided I liked a few but not every service has everything I want. A couple are missing basic stuff that I can figure out! So I figured I would come here to see if any of you know some answers to some of my questions b/c the email providers themselves do not seem to answer questions.

Here are the ones I like but have questions.

Email.com which is part of mail.com and gmx. The difference between GMX and email.com is the log in. For some reason you cant stay logged in to email.com (mail.com) service. When you log into gmx there is a remember me button clicked but mail.com doesnt have that so every time I go back I have to retype in everything again. does anyone know how to stay logged in?

Xmail.net. I really like this service but a couple minor things bother me and 1 major. The major problem is the same as email.com, there is no way to stay logged in. Anyone know how to stay logged in? I would like to change the reply mode so that the message doesnt include the previous message or at least keeps the previous message at the bottom and the new message at the top. It seems like I would have to manually lower the previous quoted message and then be able to write a new message above that. There has to be more in depth settings/preferences seem very limited? Is there a way to import my contacts rather then manually put in each one individually?

inbox.com. I also like this one a lot but a few things annoy me. 1 the browser support is terrible. Every browser seems NOT to be supported even though it eventually opens to your "inbox". Once you read your email and delete it, it automatically open the next email. I have never liked that I like it to go back to the inbox and let you choose what to open next. Anyone know how to change that? Contacts wont stay in the order I put them. I want them listed as first name first but it always goes back to last name first even after I change it the next time I go back its not how I left it! The privileges seem oddly worded. "Privileges - This person cannot access my photos with restricted access. The default is to allow access and I caught that. If I forget to click it people have access to my photos? Shouldnt the default be to block everyone and let me choose if I want anyone to have access to stuff?

I know these are lots of long questions but I really want to switch to one of these so nay help would be appreciated. If anyone can recommend other free email services other then gmail, yahoo, live, msn etc please do so Im always looking for something that is perfect. Yahoo used to be pretty close to perfect but they changed way too much!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi snacks,

Why do you think email.com is associated with mail.com? It looks like an affiliate landing page to me. Is it possible that you went to email.com and clicked an add on that site that landed you at mail.com or GMX?

Staying logged in at mail.com - I'm working on a fix for that, stay tuned!

What features are you looking for from the perfect free email service?

snacks

Valued Member
Hi snacks,

Why do you think email.com is associated with mail.com? It looks like an affiliate landing page to me. Is it possible that you went to email.com and clicked an add on that site that landed you at mail.com or GMX?

Staying logged in at mail.com - I'm working on a fix for that, stay tuned!

What features are you looking for from the perfect free email service?

the setup of both email service is identical, the mail.com app on android market lets you sign in to your gmx mail the exact same way and actually works better for my gmx service then it does for my mail.com service. and online I haave read that gmx and mail.com are now partners or the same company.

look at gmx's rating at #4 and see what it says being mail.com

Top 16 Free Email Services - Updated August 2011 - About Email

on wikis comparing list they are both owned by united internet.

Comparison of webmail providers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

just1acc

New Email
the setup of both email service is identical, the mail.com app on android market lets you sign in to your gmx mail the exact same way and actually works better for my gmx service then it does for my mail.com service. and online I haave read that gmx and mail.com are now partners or the same company.

Of course they are. HE is telling that email.com is NOT associate with mail.com/gmx.net.