Mobile Gmail Stars

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Do you miss the stars in your Gmail Mobile?

Gmail Stars Label.JPG

Although the stars don't show up, there is still a label that contains all of your starred messages!

Last edited:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
This blog from the Gmail team just pointed me in the right direction :

Gmail for mobile, now sharper and smoother - Official Gmail Blog

gmail mobile.jpg

Instead of logging into your Gmail using the Mail applicaton, go to Gmail for mobile

Some of the highlights include :

Pull down to refresh - You can now pull down to refresh your message list and conversation on all iOS and Playbook devices. To refresh, simply touch the message list, drag downwards and release.

High resolution icons - For those of you using Gmail for mobile on an iPhone 4 Retina display, the icons and graphics are now at a higher resolution, making Gmail for mobile sharper.

Transitions - When you tap on a conversation, tap back to the inbox, go to the menu or go back, the view will slide left or right. This new transition animation is a quick, small indication that makes the view change feel smoother.

I'll have to switch between both of them for a couple days to figure out which one I like better.

Last edited:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
The new iPhone iOS mail application shows the stars as flags next to those emails.

:thanks:

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
Even though I have Google setup to sync my mail, contacts, and calendar to my iPod I still find myself launching Safari to check email. They've done a beautiful job with the mobile interface.