Missing Hotmail messages

Simon

New Email
Hi All,
I have several Hotmail accounts for various hobbies etc.

Having checked one earlier today as i'm expecting a reply from someone, I have found that there are several dozen missing messages dating back to September of last year.

The sent box also has missing messages dating back to the same month. No one else knows my password or has access to my pc, I have Norton Anti virus software with which I run scans regularly & I have no other email program or device that can access my messages, except for my iPhone, which incidentally still has the messages.

Where have they gone?? Could it be Hotmail, their server or something??

Hope someone can help.

Regards, Simon.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Simon,

Is it possible that you created a filter that is unintentionally moving some of your email from your inbox into your junk email or trash folders?

Here is some other general information related to missing email :

http://www.emailquestions.com/hotmail/447-find-lost-message-hotmail.html

Also, it does not sound like this is the problem, but it doesn't hurt to make sure software on your PC such as your flash player are up to date :

http://www.emailquestions.com/hotma...ms-including-blank-pages-login-redirects.html

:welcome: to Email Questions! -Raymond

Simon

New Email
Hi Raymond,
Thanks for your reply.
I have checked both junk & trash folders & they are empty, both folders keep the emails for a certain time just incase I need to retrieve them.
My flash player is up to date too.
Its all rather odd.
Regards, Simon.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
To be on the safe side it doesn't hurt to change your password and security questions & answers.

Tip: Create fake question and answer pairs to make it harder for people to research the correct answers for your security questions.

Do you use any other problems such as a pop3 mail client to access your Hotmail?

Did the messages recently all disappear at the same time? It's possible there was an outage and they have not been restored yet but might reappear later (unlikely)

-Raymond

Simon

New Email
What is a pop3 mail client??
My secret questions are very hard to guess so I cant see that anyone could have gained access.
Yes, all the messages disappeared at the same time & only in the past day or so.
Simon.

Simon

New Email
No, I def dont have a pop3 email client, the only way I access my messages is via Hotmail & through my iPhone.
Simon.