Microsoft Outlook 2010 error..."Outlook.pst" is not an Outlook data file (.pst)

josephbooker

New Email
Hello Experts,
Came into work this morning and attempted to open my email (Outlook 2010). Got an error message that 'Outlook.pst is not an Oulook data file'. Following a suggestion, I deleted the profiles key in the registry. Upon opening Outlook it made me create a new account. I did so and it works fine, but all my prior email/contacts/calendar are in the other data file that won't open. I tried adding it to my list of data files but am still getting the error message. My new Outlook.pst file is under .../My Documents whereas my old file was under .../Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook. How can I get my data back?

Thanks

macmorley

Greylisted
Hi dear

It look like your PST file is corrupt somehow. Well do not panic you can repair your PST file easily.
  • Go for SCANPST.exe in Root folder inside Microsoft Office in your C:/Program Files/ folder
  • remember to take backup of your PST file before executing the SCANPST.exe command.
It will repair your PST file , now if the issue remains then instead of opening your PST file in Outlook directly ,
  • Go To File
  • Open & Export option
  • click on Open Outlook Data file
  • it will open up the location where you Outlook data file is situated.
  • Open the the data file(.pst)
Hope your issue will get resolved.

Regards
Macmorley