Mass Mail Suddenly Blocked

GabrielS

New Email
Hi,

I have been sending my newsletter to my subscribers with MS Outlook free rather than costly mass e-mail platform
I send from virginmedia.com to virginmedia.com by BCC to all my recipients.
I was caught by Google as spam several times in the past but after certin period (usually after 24 hours) I could resume sending.
However, this time, I can't seem to do any more by repeatedly receiving the below message over the last 5 days (the strange thing is even the mail not addressing to gmail is also blocked with the same message from google).

Can anybody enlighten me what exactly the problem this time and how I could resume sending to my members?

Appreciate anybody's help.

Gabriel

Message from the system:

-----Original Message-----
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem [mailto:mailer-daemon@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:07 AM
To: xxxxx@virginmedia.com
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

xxxxx@hotmail.it

Technical details of permanent failure:
Message rejected. See http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=69585 for more information.

----- Original message -----

Received: by 10.216.164.132 with SMTP id c4mr1344777wel.9.1288076818532;
Tue, 26 Oct 2010 00:06:58 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <xxxxx@virginmedia.com>
Received: from xxxxx (know-mailgateway-1.server.virginmedia.net [xxx])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id 7sm4789040wet.24.2010.10.26.00.06.54
(version=SSLv3 cipher=RC4-MD5);
Tue, 26 Oct 2010 00:06:56 -0700 (PDT)

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Gabriel,

Here are several general email marketing tips - Top 10 Email Marketing Tips

I have a few thoughts on your specific problem.

First it's generally considered more spammy when you are both the From: and To: while BCC'ing in many recipients. What you are doing is better than CC'ing in everyone allowing them to see each others email addresses, but you could do better by sending an individual email to each recipient so everyone on your lists receives an email where they are the To: address.

Here is an example of how to accomplish this with Microsoft Excel + Microsoft Outlook :

How to import a mailing list from Microsoft Excel into Microsoft Outlook

Also, pay close attention to all of your bounce messages. Any time an email bounces with an error code in the 500's you should remove the emall address from your list.

Please do not try to conceal information in email headers. It makes it harder to help solve your problem. From what I can see the email server or computer that you are using to send your email is blacklisted. For details on the blacklisting see this link - blacklist:62.254.26.97 You should contact virginmedia.net and ask them to help fix the blacklisting and request to be delisted at SORBS.

Not all email newsletter services are expensive. How many email addresses are on your list? Unlike many other email newsletter services Mail Chimp is free, no trials or anything needed to get started. As long as you stay within the free account limits (1,000 subscribers and 6,000 emails per month) you won't need to upgrade and pay for their service.

Please let us know if you need any additional help with this issue.

Last edited:

GabrielS

New Email
Hi popowich,

Many thanks for your through comprehensive advice, which I find very useful.

Let me digest all what you explained and I'll post if I need any further help from you.

BTW, I already made sign-up Mail Chimp, thank you again.

Best regards,

Gabriel