Mark out-going email / categorize and group

Michael Eaton

New Email
I frequently send emails needing a response. If the person who has received the email doesn't answer I may forget to check my sent emails and circle back to get an answer. I'd like to be able to mark the email as waiting for a response. I'd like to be able to click a button and see all the emails I've designated as "waiting for a response" further advance could allow for a date to be entered so I knew the last date I could accept a response and the system could provide notification of those that are getting old or closing in on the end date.

I also receive emails when I'm not in a position to take action. I'd like an easy way to designate these emails as "needing action" or something that I can click a button and see these emails. Again, having the option to date them would give me an indication as to when my action must be completed.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Which email client or email service webmail are you using to manage your email?

If I was going to do this in my Gmail, I'd enable stars and use the purple question mark to flag emails that are awaiting a response.

Filtering for all question marked emails would be an easy task. Using the multiple inboxes lab to create a permanent view of those emails is a simple task too.

If you're using Gmail and want help setting this up please let us know. If you are using a different email client please let us know which one and we'll help come up with a similar solution.