Mailfence Help

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi @Mailfence.

I received the following questions from a new member in the forums:
  1. The situation when error 500 appear in case when a letter that has attachment(s) in size of 10mb (when options "sign&send" or "sign, encrypt and send" are used)
  2. Another issue is when i set an account up on blackberry passport smartphone via active sync option, all e-mails which appear in inbox or other folders, do not have a content available for view. Just a subject of the letter is available.
  3. Also, if to set an account on a mobile BB Passport as a usual email, a content of the letters becomes available, but, - if i delete some letters from the mobile phone, the very letter remains on server, when I open it via web UI.

Mailfence.

Valued Member
Dear @popowich
Thank You for creating a dedicated Help section.
1 - The situation when error 500 appear in case when a letter that has attachment(s) in size of 10mb (when options "sign&send" or "sign, encrypt and send" are used)
This scenario occurs when your attachment is either equal to/or greater than 5 MB (while sending an encrypted email) - which is due to the default key-size (4096 Bits), alongside (digital) signing process and other crypto-procedures - all of which adequately affects the longer attachments (purely due to the occurrence of all crypto-activity on client-side).
As of now, I'll recommend you to send (multiple) encrypted emails for multiple attachments (by fairly distributing them as per their size) or use a compressing tool to reduce the size of your file below 5MB. Needless to say, this is not an adequate answer to your query - and we are currently working hard to refine the crypto-activity on both interface and performance level - which will duly resolve this restriction as well.
2 - Another issue is when i set an account up on blackberry passport smartphone via active sync option, all e-mails which appear in inbox or other folders, do not have a content available for view. Just a subject of the letter is available.
3 - Also, if to set an account on a mobile BB Passport as a usual email, a content of the letters becomes available, but, - if i delete some letters from the mobile phone, the very letter remains on server, when I open it via web UI.
Both of these issues are related to 'Active Sync' - which we are well-aware of and will be mitigated soon (though, they are not in our top-priority list as of now).

Feel free to send us an email at support@mailfence.com for any further query that you may have.

Thanks for your observations - they are duly important for us, as we are currently going through a massive update cycle.

- Mailfence Team.

makutoni

New Email
Guys, let me be clear here: if i were receive answers on my question, which were sent to support of @Mailfence, probably I wouldn't have to duplicate my questions here.

On May 28 in the letter to support team I described a problem:
"Another issue is when I set an account as standard email (not active sync), a delete operation from the mobile phone does not remove the very letter from the server."

On June 1st, a reply I got was that the ticket will be addressed to “synchro” expert.

In fact I do really like @Mailfence idea of the service, that's why I paid for @Mailfence account. But agree, that not having an opportunity to work normally with your account today on a mobile device - is not so good (even when Blackberry devices are not so popular).

Mailfence.

Valued Member
Guys, let me be clear here: if i were receive answers on my question, which were sent to support of @Mailfence, probably I wouldn't have to duplicate my questions here.
Apologies for the inconvenience - we always strive hard to timely respond and rectify our user's concerns.
On May 28 in the letter to support team I described a problem:
"Another issue is when I set an account as standard email (not active sync), a delete operation from the mobile phone does not remove the very letter from the server."

On June 1st, a reply I got was that the ticket will be addressed to “synchro” expert.
This issue is well-notified (addressed) to the respective team-member - who looks after all the synchro-operations (IMAP/POP/Exchange ActiveSync.... + other back-end related issues) with our System team.
Consequently, this issue will be taken-up upon its occurrence in the Que - and (if I may say) this can take some time due to other high-priority matters.
In fact I do really like @Mailfence idea of the service, that's why I paid for @Mailfence account. But agree, that not having an opportunity to work normally with your account today on a mobile device - is not so good (even when Blackberry devices are not so popular).
You are absolutely right, and we haven't skipped the significance of mobile usage (irrespective of device type & OS). However, being a small team (with limited resources) - we're currently going through a massive update cycle (stated earlier as well) which has certainly been fueled by the contribution of users like you.

I thank you for your support - and will remain at your disposal.

makutoni

New Email
to @Mailfence.
Hi guys. It's turned out that the case, when a content of the letter is not available for viewing is still exists (on, at least, a Blackberry devices) when user setup email account via Exchange ActiveSync. Not sure on what side the issue is, but it could be fixed on a blackberry device itself by re-enabling the sync e-mail option in account settings. After turning it off+save, and after that turn it on+save, - content of the letter becomes available for view. Regards.

Mailfence.

Valued Member
Dear @makutoni
Thanks for explaining the adjustments you made, it will surely be useful for other users who use Mailfence on blackberry devices. Also, there are no complains/bug reports concerning ActiveSync on other devices/platforms.
Our last update (mentioned earlier) has covered several aspects of user queries & concerns - and we'll duly look forward to more user feedback.
Regards,
Mailfence Team