Mail.com Customer Service Feedback

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

If you could leave feedback for mail.com that you know would be read someday, what would you tell them?

Maffew

New Email
Am generally happy with their service. My only issue is having my account blocked, contacting them and getting no response! Which out-shadows everything good they do, if I can't access my e-mail it doesn't matter.

Would upgrade to Premium account to ensure this doesn't happen again.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
The premium account offering claims to offer telephone support.

I can't guarantee that will solve your problem, but if you upgrade to premium please let us know if the mail.com phone support helps you recover the account.

Also, the premium claims that emailed support requests will be answered within a business day.

libdub

New Email
One week ago I forgot my password so filled out the relevant form. Unfortunately I had also forgotten the answer to my security question. I have only received automated responses so far. As anyone can imagine having no access to your email account for a week is incredibly frustrating.

I have had this mail.com address for nearly 12 years so I have everything invested in it.

As said I would be more than willing to upgrade to premium if I could get my account restored.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

jwriter

Valued Member
Great question. Here is what I sent them today on an evaluation form. I hope somebody at mail.com reads it.

Suggestion 1: I really need mail.com to prevent your customers from sending spam. Put another way, you need to keep yourself off of the spam blacklists, otherwise you are useless to us. Comcast blocked all mail from 74.208.4.200 for 24 hours and I lost email. Please understand, it doesn't matter whether the customer knows he has a virus and is sending spam or not. YOU SHOULD KNOW IF SPAM IS BEING SENT THROUGH YOUR SERVERS. Maybe you need to work on this. Remember, I am forwarding my mail to my ISP. If they receive too many complaints that your IP addresses are sending spam, THEY WILL SHUT DOWN ALL MY INCOMING EMAIL.

Suggestion 2: I am rating your response time inadequate because your contact form is completely useless. Why? Because the customer cannot quickly send you a bounce notice. I have complained about this in the past but you do not seem to care. You need to have button so a premium user can browse to a file and attach it. Or else you need to have an email address where a premium user can quickly forward a bounce notice - one step, not two or three or four. Don't make your premium customers waste time sending useless forms and then waiting around for someone to email them back so they can send a bounce notice. When a customer's email is being blocked, they don't want to play games, when every minute and hour that passes means no email. They want to send you the bounce notice, one step. Why don't you guys understand this from the user's point of view?

Based on the above, the experience with the customer service agent is not relevant. The agents are not the problem.

mailcom sucks

New Email
I cannot receive emails in my mail.com account for 4 days now. :mad: When I try to send to my mail.com account, I receive this error below. I can send emails from my mail.com account, seems I just cannot receive. I've tried mail.com's contact/ support form, but no response at all. I've heard this is quite common for gmx, which is now owned by the same company as mail.com.:hammer: Any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks much.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: xx.xx@asia.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain asia.com by mx0.gmx.com. [74.208.5.4].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

jdover

New Email
I am happy with my account except that I can only send 4 or 5 emails an hour because it is fairly new. I am also told that this number will increase as the account ages but no specifics.

I would be happy to upgrade to premium if I could be guaranteed that this problem would be solved, but so far no guarantees.

Heart2hart

New Email
I have had mail.com accounts for about 10 years but must seriously consider dropping all accounts (including premium accounts) because I can no longer send to Hotmail accounts. Hotmail has blacklisted mail.com due to large amounts of spam and a poor sender score of 67%. A large number of the accounts I do business with are Hotmail/Livemail accounts. If this isn't addressed within the next 30 days I will have no choice to to permanently stop using mail.com

tommy

New Email
I had by email blocked by mail.com and have contacted the help desk for assistance but all i could get was an automated message to my attached email. But still i cant access my email. Its really frustrating not being able to access your email and makes me really sad. It could lead to business loss for me. Please how do i go about this? I really need that email back. Thank you.

Hi, I recently made a mail.com account for personal use. It was working well for a few weeks until only recently, in the past week, it lets me log in, yet when I click the email I want to read, nothing happens and it wont open. I need this fixed ASAP as I have very important emails in my inbox, and it would be great if there was any help anyone could offer?

hello,
I have had mail .com accounts for about 8 years but must seriously consider dropping all accounts.It was working well in the last week. It is best customer service .I really need that email back. Thank you.