lost email account

johnc

New Email
First I am techno challenged, so thank you in advance for assistance. I was working for a company that closed 2 weeks ago, the business manager told me that the hosting company for our.org email was probably paid up for a year, last Friday was the last email i received, tried to email the account and it bounced. My question is how do I get this email back and/or how do i find out who they were paying to have this email address. It is jchalk@prodigals.org was a nonprofit, any help would be gratefully appreciated, we were a treatment center with a work program that closed but the work program continues on so is very vital for our continued progress.

Thank you

John

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi John,

The registration for that domain appears to be with Network Solutions.

You'll need to get the Network Solutions username and password for the account used to register that domain too.

I doubt they'll accept a "Good Samaritan" payment from a 3rd party over the phone these days, but you never know.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

peviha

Valued Member
The domain prodigals.org seems to paid up until February 4, 2017, so the domain itself has not expired.

The MX records point to netsolmail.net point to Network Solutions, as popwich said, so you'll either want to point your MX records somewhere else if you want to host your email with someone else (= loss of access to current mailboxes), or contact Network Solutions to gain access to your current mailboxes.

-peviha