Live Mail problem

ungulate

New Email
I've just started to use Live Mail (Hotmail). The login page asks for your ID and password, and whether you want the computer to remember this info. I have tried several times to have the login info saved so that I don't have to enter it every time I want to open my mail, but it won't save. Can anyone help me?

ungulate

New Email
Hi, Raymond,
Sorry, but I'm not a techie person at all. I went to your yahoo link and tried to follow the instructions, but couldn't get past clicking on the C drive icon. I don't know how to follow that path all the way down to cookies. However, I did go into my security program and looked under cookies to see which ones have been listed as allowed and Email Questions is listed. I think I have the cookies blocked, but the security program asks me each time if I want to allow additional stuff to come in or not, and I have said yes to this program. Is there anything else you could suggest.
Thanks very much.
Ungulate

ungulate

New Email
No, I haven't tried to download and install Mozilla & Firefox. I'm not sure what would happen if I did. Would this be compatible with IE or would I have to delete the IE program? Does it take up a lot of memory?

Thanks, very much,
Valerie

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
It is OK to install Firefox. You do not need to uninstall IE. Many people have both installed on their computer. The amount of memory needed depends on how many tabs you have open in your web browser and what kinds of sites you go to.

-Raymond

ungulate

New Email
Yes, that seems to have done the trick. Thanks so much, Raymond. I may have to call on you again some time.

ungulate

ungulate

New Email
Hi, again Raymond,

I seem to have created a monster. With Mozilla Firefox I can open hotmail now without having to do the login thing every time, however, now I cannot open video attachments. I get a message saying I need a new plugin, i.e., Adobe Flash Player. I have tried to download this, but am unable to. Part way through the download, the instructions say, if you are asked whether you want to save or run this file, choose "run". However, when that box pops up it only give me the option to "save" or cancel. I have tried saving it but it does not work. I have read some of the "help" information in this regard, and one of the suggestions is that I might have a restriction on my registry, but this sounds kind of complicated to fix (and I don't even know if that's the problem). I have, in the past, successfully downloaded Adobe Reader and Acrobat, so I don't know why Flash Player won't install.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks very much,
ungulate

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

There are two versions of the Flash Player available. Make sure you download both versions for IE and Non-IE web browsers such as Firefox. Save the install file to your desktop. It will not install correctly if your web browser is open. If you want to check for the latest versions available for all of the software on your computer download the File Hippo Version Checker. This program will display both Flash links for you if they are still needed.

-Raymond

ungulate

New Email
Hi,

I still haven't been able to download Flash Player. I tried the hippo link and all I got was a list of downloads that hadn't completed with the option to delete them, which I did, but I didn't get a list of downloads which I needed. I went onto the Adobe site and tried again, but I had the same problem, I get a box asking me to choose "save" or "cancel". There is no option to save to desktop. I have administrative rights, so that's not the problem. The only window open was the Adobe one, so there were no other browser connections open.
Any other suggestions, Raymond?

Thanks,
ungulate

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
When you click save it should ask you where.

If not check the download manager in your settings.

There should also be a popup when the download completes that you can quick to get you to the file location.

-Raymond

ungulate

New Email
Thanks for your prompt reply. Our correspondence is starting to look like a novel!
Anyway, as I said before I'm not a techie person, and I don't know where to look for the download manager.
Of interest, I sent myself a couple of e-mails from windows mail (IE) to my mozilla firefox hotmail account (the one I'm having problems with). I attached video files. I was able to open these in hotmail and I got a pop-up asking how I wanted to view them, so I chose windows video media. One had an mp3 extension and the other a wvm extention. Both opened without a problem. Then I went onto the MSN site and tried to view a video from there -- no deal, once again I got the request to install the plugin.

I await your instructions.
ungulate