Issues with email paragrpah spacing

Moxie

New Email
For about 2 weeks now, whenever I send an email, the paragraph spacing does not show up for the recipient even though it does while I type the message. It also shows up as simply one large paragraph when I check the sent folder. I have Yahoo mail.

Could anyone advise me as to why this is happening and perhaps have a solution to remedy this problem?

Thanks!

Orange

New Email
Hi Moxie - I am just like you - I have the same problem! I have tried saving the email before ending but makes no difference. Really hope someone has an answer as it makes my email look rubbish!

Moxie

New Email
Hi Moxie - I am just like you - I have the same problem! I have tried saving the email before ending but makes no difference. Really hope someone has an answer as it makes my email look rubbish!
Thanks for your reply Orange! I asked Yahoo about the issue and they told me to try a different browser since when they checked it, they didn't have any issues with the spacing. I found a way around the problem....wherever I want spaces I enter a period in the next line then press enter and begin a new paragraph. It takes a little time but at least the paragraphs will have spaces.

foggy

Valued Member
I don't have Yahoo mail myself, but here's something you might try. IF you have been creating new paragraphs by hitting the "Enter" button twice after completing the previous paragraph, try hitting Shift+Enter twice instead.

Technically that's creating line breaks instead of paragraph breaks, but in a simple email it amounts to the same thing. In fact, I've been using that method routinely myself, since I use Outlook 2007 (offline email client) and it wreaks havoc with formatting depending on my recipients, email service, etc. And the Shift+Enter trick works for me. I use it so much I actually forget about just hitting "Enter." :)

Orange

New Email
Moxie - Yes I used a similar trick with full stops.
Foggy - your idea works even better and seems to be the way to go.
Thank you both!