is this email from Microsoft?

AzyB

New Email
i received a email earlier not to sure if its from Microsoft Account Security Team as it takes me to another link which is not hotmail and i refuse to sign into it unless this email is confirmed.

From: WindowsLive.ID.806@wlive.ROOT.ID.ava.wlive.web75.co.uk
Sent: 03 September 2012 10:48:10

Dear Hotmail Customer

We are sending this e-mail to inform you that your e-mail account has excedeed it's sending and receiving limit in the last 7 days.
Due to this , we have to suspend your account in order to prevent unwanted bots and spyware using our customer's accounts.

In order to verify your account and lift the suspenion limit, please verify your account information on the link below:

Sign In

The limit applied on your account will be lifted as soon as you verify your account.

After verification , you may use your e-mail account as usual.

Microsoft Account Security Team.

Much appreciated.

THERESA

Customer Service
It's best to contact them directly yourself and explain that you received the email but were worried it wasn't legitimate so you didn't respond directly to the email. If you didn't send a lot of emails during that time, you were most likely hacked. Hotmail is trying to contact customers when there is strange activity on their accounts. Your best bet to be safe is to contact them directly with a copy of the email.

How to verify a temporarily blocked hotmail account