Is there anyway to copy Outlook Config Between computers?

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
Hey Guys,

I'm not sure if I've asked this before but I have an Office 365 subscription which includes Outlook. I'd like to set up all my accounts and signatures in Outlook on my desktop then just copy the config to my laptop so I don't have to re-enter everything.

Is there an easy way to do this? Keep in mind they're all IMAP accounts so I don't care about copying the mail just the server settings and passwords.

Thanks,
Dan

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
It's easy to move your email by copying the PST file and attaching it to a new computer.

That shouldn't be an issue since you're already using IMAP and can simply connect and resync from the new devices.

Outlook 2013 File Menu.jpg
Outlook 2013 Export Settings.jpg

Untested: My Outlook 2013 file menu has the option to Export settings. Try copying those exported settings to a new computer and let's see if that helps to answer your question.

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
Thanks Ray. I've bookmarked this thread. I'll check this out over the weekend and report back.

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
I wanted to update this because I never got a chance to try it. I decided to dump Outlook after it decided to balk at my perfectly valid SSL cert. on my mail server. Every time I'd start Outlook I'd have to approve the connection to the same mail server (different addresses) a few times. It was annoying to say the least. Shut up and check my mail! Sure I could have installed the certificate but it was really too much of a hassle for something that works without issue in Thunderbird.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Who was your mail provider? Are you running your own cPanel type of mail hosting?

Microsoft Outlook - "Can not connect to server" after latest Windows update patches | Email Questions

There was a recent update that requires some email service & control panel providers to regenerate their certificate keys because their were using a weak key length.

Or was your problem that you created a self signed certificate and you were getting a warning about the certificate authority used to sign the certificate?

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
Who was your mail provider? Are you running your own cPanel type of mail hosting?

Microsoft Outlook - "Can not connect to server" after latest Windows update patches | Email Questions

There was a recent update that requires some email service & control panel providers to regenerate their certificate keys because their were using a weak key length.

Or was your problem that you created a self signed certificate and you were getting a warning about the certificate authority used to sign the certificate?

It is a cPanel server but the cert isn't self signed. I specifically bought a cert. from Namecheap for my host name to so that clients wouldn't get a security warning when trying to access cPanel. It also runs my mail, FTP, etc. It's 2048 bits. If it's good enough for Chrome and Firefox it ought to be good enough for Outlook.

Honestly, anytime I've used Outlook it's been a headache. I'd much rather use Thunderbird which syncs my contacts, calendar, and tasks list from Google with a couple of add-ons.