Is Safe Mail Down? (safe-mail.net)

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Safe Mail is down and experiencing a service issue.

Safe Mail Down.JPG

Hmm, www.safe-mail.net isn't loading right now.

The servers that run www.safe-mail.net are having some trouble.

This is usually just a temporary problem, so you might want to try again in a few minutes.

There is no DNS response for www.safe-mail.net from several different geographic locations.

; <<>> DiG 9.9.2-P2 <<>> www.safe-mail.net
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 23102
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.safe-mail.net. IN A

;; Query time: 4336 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Wed Feb 5 09:34:42 2014
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 46

Last edited:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
It appears Safe-mail.net has had several email outages in the past few months.

If you use SAFe-mail please leave feedback and let us know if you think the service is not as good as it used to be:

Safe Mail Review | Email Questions

The customer service phone number is: +972 2 648 0066

Please be polite and patient if you need to ask for someone who speaks English.

Last edited:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Safe Mail is back up.

A web browser or computer restart may be needed to get to their web site.

You can also try a Start -> Run -> ipconfig /flushdns

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Today June 28, 2015 the DNS for Safe Mail is OK but the site is not available. Both port 80 and 443 are not responding.

> telnet www.safe-mail.net 443
Trying 212.29.227.230...

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Today June 28, 2015 the DNS for Safe Mail is OK but the site is not available. Both port 80 and 443 are not responding.

> telnet www.safe-mail.net 443
Trying 212.29.227.230...

Michal123

New Email
Hi,
Now the problem is that users cannot log in.
The site is working but when you try to log in it would say "password or login are wrong".
Also URL tamar.safe-mail.net gives 404.

I wonder when it is going to be solved...

Same problem here. On one of my accounts it says "password or login are wrong", and in my other account is says:

Dear user,

Sorry, the Safe-mail.net login server doesn't respond.
If this does not help, please try to login again.

Thank you.

Which is not very helpfull at all.

I really need to log in, this is very stressfull.

Any idea how long safe-mail usually takes to solve this issues?

Michal123

New Email
Hi,
I called them yesterday - the statement was that it will take "a couple of hours".
I also asked about the data if it's not lost - they assured me that it is not.

Then I called them in the morning (it was like 10 am in Poland) and I heard the same ;-).

I think they have a real problem, and the person sitting by the phone knows nothing about it.

But now it works. Data is not lost.

BR,
Michal

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Michal,

Are you saying you can login now (the password problem is fixed) but that your email is gone?

Technically it's possible they are still working through a disaster recovery process and your email could appear over the next few days.

That makes sense the way this is progressing.
  • Get the web site back up
  • Get passwords to stop failing
  • Start accepting new email
  • Get old email restored into mailbxes
It's too bad there isn't an official communication from the the service on their web site.

I invited a representative from their service to join this forum in the hopes you'll get a better response.

Please continue to post updates about the problems. The more users that post the more likely they may be to comment.

One of my safe-mail accounts is working.

The other one that said the password was wrong still has the same error. I hope it gets fixed in the next hours.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I invited a representative from their service to join this forum in the hopes you'll get a better response.

That didn't work. I'll try again when they're receiving email again.

Test your accounts from other email accounts. Is new email to your addresses still bouncing with an error message?

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

support@Safe-mail.net

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain safe-mail.net by mx1.safe-mail.net. [212.29.227.74].

The error that the other server returned was:
554 Rcpt <support@safe-mail.net> does not exist

Michal123

New Email
Hi,
no, I am not saying that my email is gone.
Everything is alright with my email right now - I can reach my mails, read them, send mails, address book is also working.
Maybe this is the end of the problems, but some accounts are pending to be repaired.

BR,

Michal

Dani3l

New Email
I have 2 safe mail accounts. One free and one premium. The free one is now working but the paid one which is important isn't working. It's been over 24 hours since I last had access. Think I will be moving to another provider.

Dani3l. What's the number? I tried 2 israeli numbers and it didn't work. Please help me. I send an email and the email had been sent but the status of the user is "user not found". Can this be related to this problem or it's just thing with deleted account?

I will be thankful 4 the answer.

cheers

Dani3l

New Email
This is there customer service number.. +972 2-648-0066

I still can't get into my account but has changed from incorrect username or password to 'Internal error: couldn't display alert of error xxx !'

I also had the "Internal error: couldn't display alert of error xxx !" but now it's back to "wrong password".

This is very bad. I am in need of logging in to my account and for the past 2 days it is not available.