IncrediMail Socket Error: 10061 Port: 25 Protocol: SMTP

msgraves

New Email
I am using IncrediMail and get this error: Socket Error: 10061 , Port: 25, Protocol: SMTP.No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. I also get this error with Outlook.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

If you get the error from 2 mail programs it sounds like something more general is wrong than your email programs themselves. Have you ever been able to send email? Is this a new problem, or has it always been a problem? Who is your internet provider? Are you using the correct outgoing smtp server name? Do you have an anti-virus or firewall program that is blocking outbound smtp port 25 connections?

-Raymond

Rhonda

New Email
I am having similar problem this is the 2 messages I just got this past week when I got the new version of norton internet security 2010.

I have incredimail as my email client as well.

The connection was rejected by outgoing mail server 'smtp.atlanticbb.net', please try again later.
If this problem persists, contact your ISP.

Socket Error: 10061, Port 25, protocol: SMTP. no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

my second one I get is:
The connection was rejected by incoming mail server 'mail.thesitefights.com',please try again later.
If this problem persist, contact your ISP.

Socket Error: 10061, Port 110 Protocol POP no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

I am like wondering how to configure norton to do what I want to do since its a new version I am totally confused why its not working properly when I had email on monday of last week from tuesday on I didnt.

thanks for any help you can give.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Rhonda,

Go to your Norton settings and disable Internet -> Email / Message scanning.

You will still be protected by the real time scanner, but your email connections should no longer be blocked.

-Raymond