Inbox.com - incoming emails taking forever!

snacks

Valued Member
Sending emails is no problem but the last few days I noticed emails taking 30 mins up to a couple of hours for emails to be in my inbox. I have tested this sending myself emails from other services and I dont understand what the problem is.

Anyone else have this issue or know what it happens?

blenheimfire

Valued Member
Snacks

Love the name....

What e-mail client are you using if any? This will help me help you with this issue.

Is it possibly Outlook? If so what version? We may need to setup a remote session to correct issue.

Let me know.

:thanks:

snacks

Valued Member
Thanks!

Im not using a client Im using their webmail. It seems like their service is very slow to receive emails and sometimes the site is completely down! Today I cant even get to the site at all!

blenheimfire

Valued Member
Snacks

I checked into inbox.com and I am not liking what I have found. They had a server crash and lost e-mail? WOW... Get off this service as fast as possible. All the big players in the game have redundancy out the wazoo.... Reviews of Inbox.com Reviewed

I would sign up for G-mail,Yahoo etc.... G-mail being my favorite due to the speed at which i can search through my e-mails ok ok and not having to delete e-mails :)

I use Outlook for work which also works well with exchange account and Gmail account added to it. Plus you have e-mail downloaded to machine when running Outlook which means you can export mail for safe keeping.

However if your using G-mail the chances of losing your e-mail is slim to none but it is always good to backup from a client anyways.

Hope this helps let me know how you like your new e-mail provider and if you need help exporting your mail from inbox.com let us know when can help with that to.

"Who needs e-mail or 99.999% its just money"

Stephen:welcome::hammer:

snacks

Valued Member
Thanks Blenheimfire!

I have had gmail and yahoo. I used to love yahoo but now hate their new design and they dont allow pop 3 for my phone unless its paid for. Gmail might be the #1 email for most but I never liked it. I wanted something different and read many review sites and a couple had inbox ranked right there with gmail for security, ease of use, design and more. I want just a plain old email service that doesnt link you to everything else.

Anything else you could recommend like lavabit, xmail or something like that?

What email clients do you use? Thunderbird, pegasus, etc? I have always like web mail but maybe its time to look into other services?!

Thanks again for your help!

blenheimfire

Valued Member
Snacks

To be honest I understand the need to set your self apart from the masses. I also believe that trying to go with an e-mail provider who is trying to reinvent the wheel is not a good option. I use gmail however my e-mail is not @gmail.com its @wisetechfly.com ....you could purchase domain name of your choice and then link it to google groups. So if your domain was www.ilikedoritos.com then your e-mail would be snacks@ilikedoritos.com.

Also with google you can use Imap which is better then POP. This will allow syncs to occur not just a one way push. Meaning Imap keeps messages on server and allows for multiple devices to be synced with current e-mail whereas pop does not. I truly believe this is the route you should take. Also to answer your question on what e-mail clients I use: Outlook 2010 configured with my g-mail Imap account and Exchange account for work. I can tell you the crappy interface problem you are experiencing will go away if you just setup your accounts to download in Outlook. This also will allow you to make backups of your e-mail for safe keeping.

I checked the internet for other mail providers and I compared the options vs what G-mail/Yahoo offer and I really don't see anything that would make me switch from g-mail I gotta give it to them they know what their doing.....also I have never ever not once lost an e-mail with g-mail which is very important to me at least.

Final thoughts:

E-mail is just e-mail does it really matter how fancy it is? It should do what it is designed to do and that is pipe a message to you. I would setup a mail forward from your inbox.com account to your new gmail account.

If you need help setting up the google groups please let me know I will configure your mx records and everything to get it working.
:thanks:
Thanks
Stephen