IMAP error message

avril3

New Email
Hello, I keep getting the following error message. I am not sure what to do. It seems that I'm not always getting emails through and I don't know whether the ones I'm sending are getting through.
Any offers please ?

> Unable to send or receive messages for the Sky (avril3) account. Header download for the 'Sent' folder did not complete. Could not update cached message flags with IMAP server.

> Server Response: The server did not respond to this IMAP command before the connection was terminated.

rfs9999 said:
This doesn't sound like a problem with your settings but rather like a problem with the IMAP server or possibly your network connection.

Let me make a suggestion. Try posting your question to the E-Mail Questions website at Help Desk.

The people there are knowledgeable and helpful with this sort of issue. Many times someone else has run into the same problem and they can recommend how to troubleshoot and correct the problem

rfs9999

IMAP Tools
Here is additional information from Avril about her problem.

Server: 'imap.tools.sky.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: IMAP
Port: 993
Secure(SSL): Yes

-Rick

avril3

New Email
I can see from a link by
Popowich that it is connection dropped connection closed, thank you, does anyone know h
What I can do to fix this please ?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi avril3,

What mail program are you using?

Many mail programs have a mail server timeout of 1 minute as the default setting.

Try increasing the incoming mail server timeout setting from 1 minute to 5-10 minutes and let us know if that fixes the problem for you.

It appears the Sky IMAP servers are taking too long to respond and your mail program is giving up.

If you need specific directions I can make screen shots once I know which mail program you are using.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

avril3

New Email
Hello, Thank you for your comments I use Live Mail and if you can post screen shots that would be very helpful, I am not the best when things go wrong with computers.