Hyperlink not working in new Yahoo

jaimslaw

New Email
Anyone know how to get hyperlink to show for web addresses that I send or receive in the new Yahoo mail setup? It just shows up in the mailbox text area as a plain text address that is not clickable. Doesn't work in either Firefox or in IE. Did before when I had classic Yahoo. I also tested this by email myself different URL addresses - none show up in the blue hyperlink/clickable text.

I Googled this and found nothing.

Thanks for any help on this.

THERESA

Customer Service
Yahoo has changed a lot of things since they switched from classic mail. I hate it. I can't find any options for links and mine aren't working either. There used to be lots of options now there are barely any. I am betting the paid version allows links. You can get that here:

Yahoo! Mail Plus

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi jaimslaw,

It's not a problem if you don't see the links as actual links before sending.

These days if you put the link in an email the recipients mail program will turn it into a clickable link on their end.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

jaimslaw

New Email
I emailed a test url both to my own yahoo email address and to my gmail address. No hyperlink showed up in either email. Also have done a similar test on another win 7 computer with same results.

THERESA

Customer Service
I emailed a test url both to my own yahoo email address and to my gmail address. No hyperlink showed up in either email. Also have done a similar test on another win 7 computer with same results.

I did the exact same thing before writing my post. (Sent test emails to myself) and I can't get it to work and can't find it in yahoo options. I couldn't find it in my Firefox options either.

jaimslaw

New Email
Does Yahoo know its new Mail program has this major shortcoming?

I have a business that auto generates emails to clients with their home inspection reports from our server. In these emails, their report is set forth as a pdf file in the text of the auto generated email, linking that pdf to our server (via a url address of the server). The auto generated email states "To retrieve your report, simply click the hyperlink below."

We now get a lot of calls from the less informed asking how to get to their report in an optional manner. That Yahoos new mail program is missing this rudimentary component of email programs is bizzare, to say the least.

A real bummer.

BTW, it works when i send myself an email using my ipad. Could the problem be rooted in win 7 or some add on issue? There must be something amiss here capable of being tweeked, unless of course Yahoos new and improved email program is anything but.

Thanks anyways for weighing in Popwiech. Anything you can do to get this out to others in the know?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Is your business using the Yahoo Mail servers for sending email?

Sending email from your mail server shouldn't have the same issue as sending from the Yahoo Mail web interface.

To leave feedback about Yahoo Mail see this link - Yahoo Mail Feedback

The above link is a 3rd party site that's linked to from the official Yahoo Mail page.

If your business needs a new out going SMTP server that's different from Yahoo some alternates are Gmail (free) or LuxSci (paid).

A quick solution for your problem in the previous post could be to follow the link with the text "If the above link is not clickable please copy and paste it into your web browser to download your report".

DCKentucky

New Email
I have had the same issue with hyperlinks in my Yahoo email. If you go to settings and switch back to basic mail, the hyperlinks become active again. The issue is with the "updated" Yahoo mail.

WIP

New Email
I'm having the same issue. Sometimes they show up as links, but usually just as plain text, and hovering over with the mouse won't even state what the link is supposed to go to, making the "link", and often the entire email, worthless. Also, I have been using Yahoo paid business services for several years, and have almost jumped ship several times since they "upgraded" their service. Everything used to work fine, now, not so much.

I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox 32.0.3. All extensions are up-to-date...

:hammer:

WIP

New Email
Not sure if this is the only problem, but the last time hyperlinks weren't showing/working in an email, it was marked as spam. I marked it as "not spam", and now the links are working! Again, doubt this is the only issue, but thought I would update with a new finding...