How to uninstall IncrediMail

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
In addition to going to your control panel -> Add/Remove programs to remove IncrediMail you will also need to invest some time and patience in removing the trojans / malware that gets installed by IncrediMail.

After uninstalling IncrediMail you will also need to uninstall Search Protect.

That might cause your computer to reboot without prompting you.

Next, run a Malwarebytes scan to remove the remaining issues including memory resident programs and spyware installed on your computer that do not get removed by the official uninstall process.

Last, do a search on your computer and remove any folders and install files related to IncrediMail.

foggy

Valued Member
Just curious... have you ever heard of/used Revo Uninstaller or some similar software? If so, I'm curious how good of a job it might do during the initial removal process. Or would it be unnecessary, since any removal must be followed by anti-malware scans anyway?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
No I have not used Revo uninstaller.

It looks like I needed it to have been installed before IncrediMail was uninstalled:

Revo Uninstaller.JPG

After the uninstall I could have had it scan for remaining files.

I forgot to mention earlier I was surprised when the reinstall of IncrediMail brought up a bunch of email form 2007 & 2008 that had been lingering in abandoned data files and showed back up when I reinstalled IncrediMail.

Something like Revo that helps make sure the cleanup was complete could have avoided that.

At least all my passwords had been changed and it couldn't download my current emails.

I'll leave Revo installed but if it's only good for 30 days (trial-ware) I probably won't have a real life reason to try it out before it expires.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I was able to use Revo to do a forced uninstall and cleanup of Microsoft Works that came with my computer and broke but couldn't be uninstalled using the standard uninstall process because I don't have the CD.

I try to keep my add/remove programs clean and not keep stuff around that I don't use or isn't getting updates.
Revo fixed that problem. :thanks:

foggy

Valued Member
Thanks for the comments, Ray.

FWIW, I have the free version of Revo. According to their downloads page, that means my version doesn't quite get everything that the pro version would. E.g. pro version claims these additional features (among others): 1) Extended scanning for leftovers - more advanced scanning algorithms and 2) Forced Uninstall - remove remnants of already uninstalled programs (which you used). So, with my free version of Revo if I uninstall TB and have it look for remaining files, it still won't remove the profiles. Not sure if the Revo pro would or not, but I assume so.

I imagine that, even after using Revo Pro (or similar) to remove something like Incredimail, one should still use anti-spyware, anti-malware scan just to be sure there isn't something else hanging around. :)