How to troubleshoot Yahoo Mail accounts with connection problems and browser timeouts

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Every now and then Yahoo Mail members report problems with their accounts loading to a blank page, redirecting to a blank page, or getting web browser timeouts. There are several troubleshooting steps that you can take to resolve this problem. Some solutions are based on fixing a problem reaching or logging into mail.yahoo.com, while others are aimed at fixing a spyware or virus problem on your local computer and are unrelated to the service upgrades. Please try all of the steps below, in order, until one of them works for you. As time passes the usefulness of the steps below will change. When one of the solutions below fixes a problem for you please reply and let us know which step helped you so we can keep the most helpful troubleshooting steps at the top of the list. Thank you.
If you are having a different Yahoo Mail problem that is not fixed with the steps above please create a new thread in our Yahoo Mail Support Forum.

Last edited:

ejbet

New Email
I tried all the steps with the exception of some that didn't work with my
version of Firefox. (I Updated to latest version) example: Turn on Always
use HTTPS in your your Yahoo settings. There was no box for Always use HTTPS under security settings. I don't have Malwarebytes on my computer. I couldn't load OpenDNS server. Could open web page for the site. Wasn't available for some reason.

One thing I notice. After checking select all the individual message field turns a light blue color. If I check an individual email several time it will
remove the check, some times. Some times it will work for one or two then stop.

Tnx for your your help.