• Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard
  • Open Microsoft Paint
  • Select Edit -> Paste
  • Use the cut tool to draw a box around what you want a shot of
  • Select Edit -> Cut
  • Select File -> New
  • Select Edit -> Paste
  • Select File -> Save
  • Save the screen shot to your desktop as a JPG file.
To attach the screen shot to a post on Email Questions start a new thread/reply and use the paperclip icon to attach it to the post :

Attach Screen Shot.JPG

Browse to your desktop and click the screen shot, and click the upload button.

blessed P

New Email
Thanks popowich (Raymond) for your help, However after several attempts to do a screen shot I failed to complete the whole procedure. However, I noticed the extension to be .txt.

Back to the screen shot attempts, would like to master this procedure. I managed up to opening the mspaint. From there, I was lost. When I do a cut, the paste was disabled.

Thanks a lot.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like you did not use the cut tool to draw a box around what you wanted to cut before cutting?

I'll see if I can make a movie of the procedure later today. :)

blessed P

New Email
Hi Popowich, Many thanks for your assistance. Can only later when my laptop issues solved. Suspect its virus problem. Presently using Kapersky (installed many months - paid) and Avira downloaded about a week ago when which seem to stabilised the problem screen sliding and unable to point to select. Problem started yesterday again. Trying to download Avast. Have been at it more than ten hours but because of the failure to point to select the "I agree" as it always points to the last item which is "I disagree". while downloading, had all other programs closed. Only when at this last stage, updated the Kapersky and set the scan on hoping it would help as it did when attempting to install the Avira. Am at wits end with laptop issue.

Would be helpful to set email alerts. Someone responded that I can do it at Yahoo tool. Cant even find Yahoo Tool and what are the steps.

Have a HaPPY NEW YEAR!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
In Windows 7 the location of the new picture, cut, paste , and selections menu buttons have changed :

Windows 7 Paint.jpg