• Go to the People page
  • In the menu bar, click Manage, and then click Restore deleted contacts
  • Click Restore next to each contact that you want to restore
To restore all of your contacts click Restore All

Last edited:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Play the following video to see how to request a contacts restore from Hotmail & Outlook.com

Thank you for your help, but it's not working. I get as far as clicking on the People page and it won't open..so there is no menu bar. After an age of waiting, all I get is this:

This page is temporarily unavailable
We're sorry, there was a problem showing this page. We experienced some technical difficulties retrieving the content.

Can you advise where to go from here please ?

Thank you
Steve

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Steve,

It's strange you can't access the people page.

Which web browser are you using? Does it have any addons/plugins enabled that might be interfering?

Try disabling any blockers that could be preventing Outlook from opening a new tab.

Can you try another web browser? For example, if you normally use Internet Explorer, try Google Chrome.

If the problem persists across multiple web browsers, you might need a malware scan.

Do you have an anti-virus such as Avast installed?

Thank you for your help...very kind. I've just gone in through Google Chrome and my contacts list is in tact ! This is the second time this has happened, actually; the first time it resolved itself after a day or so, but not this time. At least I have my people list back, though, so thank you for that. I do use Avast, by the way....can that be a problem with Outlook ?

Best
Steve

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Steve,

It could be a compatibility problem between your computer and Outlook.com

Is the web browser that wasn't working up to date and running the latest version?

If you restart and then clear your cache and cookies in the web browser that wasn't working before opening Outlook.com does that fix the problem?