How to remove scanned by Avast in email signature

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
We're you surprised to find that all of a sudden Avast is inserting a signature when sending an email, even when sending from Gmail?

Avast Signature.jpg

To disable this feature, go to the Avast general settings and uncheck the box "Enable Avast email signature"

Avast email signature in Gmail.jpg

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Heads up about File Hippo! FileHippo pushed a trial version of the paid Avast to the users of their updater. It's a nice way for them to make some quick cash on the conversions to paid customers, but it stinks for everyone who didn't realize they were pushed to the paid version and found their AV was expired this morning.

compleo

Valued Member
Heads up about File Hippo! FileHippo pushed a trial version of the paid Avast to the users of their updater. It's a nice way for them to make some quick cash on the conversions to paid customers, but it stinks for everyone who didn't realize they were pushed to the paid version and found their AV was expired this morning.

For many years file hippo,as some other mirror sites were very reputable.I did notice that they didn't seem the same,it's a shame because they were very good.

To my knowledge Softpedia is still reliable--->LINK

This site,which i never tried but comes highly recommended from Mod from a puter help forum--->Ninite