How to recover a lost Hotmail password / How to regain control of a hacked account

stealth114

New Email
Hey guys... Thanks for posting this and having this forum available !!!

My hotmail account got blocked as of this morning !! :( Never had problem before in all the years and like many, I got all my personal info and all my contacts there.

I have contacted hotmail via the Windows Live ID Help and I have provided all the information showing I am the owner of my hotmail account . They say its usually 24 hours to get back to you. Has anyone had success with having their account restored in a timely manner ? IM losing my mind !!

I also wish hotmail had a much better way to contact them via phone or email directly if you cant log into your Windows Live account !

hraykuzo

New Email
Hi I have a problem with recovering and resetting my account. I have tried to reset my password and I have no alternate email except the one they gave which is the someone@example.com and when I try to recover it with the customer support I cannot remember a lot of the information that they are asking me because I use the account for a game. I asked a question in the forum and they keep looping me back to forums. Please help! Thanks.

daryll159

New Email
i dont no where to put the issue number so i can get my hotmail account and i been locked up for a very long time

pal lord

New Email
hello
plz hel[ meeee

my email its samar.120@hotmail.com

im forget the pass
But I know the secret answer, but I am having a problem

"
This option is temporarily unavailable because incorrect information was entered too many times. Please try another option or try again later.
"
But I am having this problem months ago, help me please... note I am sure of the answer secret

jamalkaddoura

New Email
Re: How to recover a lost Hotmail password / How to regain control of a hacked accoun

i tried to reset my password i face this problem

This option is temporarily unavailable because incorrect information was entered too many times. Please try another option or try again later.

after i put the answer :thanks:

Mijail

New Email
Hello,

I've been hacked. I don't know i think i havent but 3 days ago i started receiving a lot of postmaster@mail.hotmail.com and mails have been sent to a lot or maybe all my contacts! and i didnt do this. It was a lot of this emails i received. I really need my account because everything i have is there, i dont have any other email and i dont want to lose this one because i have it since i was 12 or 13 years old something like that. When i go to Sign In it says:

Your account has been blocked
Why are you seeing this?
Someone may have used your account to send out a lot of junk messages (or something else that violates the Windows Live Terms of Service).
We're here to help you get your account back.
What do you need to do?

Etc....and i have done everything i can but i really need to get my email BACK!!! how can i do that? i did a fill out thing with my name and personal stuff but nothing has been sent to me or something like that like if i havent done anything. NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

genevieve

New Email
Thank you so much dear Popowich. My husbands account was hacked, several attempts to reset his password did not work. Trawling around for help, I found your post and contacted the address you give secure@microsoft.com They replied and directed me to Windows Live team. 24 hours, a couple more emails later, a bit of headscratching trying to remember personal details, another password reset & hubby is able to access his account again!

Suraya

New Email
my company email has been hacked,someone changed the password and send junk/spam emails to other contacts on my mailing list....we can't sign in, we can't reset the password,please help us on this matter....very IMPORTANT!!!

Dandelion

New Email
Hello,
I'm Daniel,
My Windows Live Hotmail account has been locked for apparently sending spam, I never sent spam in my life so I don't know what they are talking about. I have everything linked to my account all my passwords, game beta's, bank details and everything linked to the account. Basically my account is locked and I want to get it back, how do I get my locked account back?
S. Daniel.

Dandelion

New Email
Hello,
I'm Daniel,
My Windows Live Hotmail account has been locked for apparently sending spam, I never sent spam in my life so I don't know what they are talking about. I have been trying to recover my account for so long now and I can't get anyone to help me, could someone please help me get my account back, I have tried everything I can possible do and it wont budge. Everything is connected to my email address and I really need it back, what can I do to get my locked email address back?

hass

New Email
can someone please help me i cant acess to my hotmail it says it looks like someone might be using your account

To help you get back info hasanin we need verify that it your did recoverry code and they replied me with casenumber and said i need to wait 72 hours or more idk

what i suppost to do with case number

any ideas how i ccan get my hotmailk back its very inportant for me

IVIartini

New Email
i got my email hacked by a guy.
im trying to get it back but its really hard and i cant seem to find out how i can get it back.
he changed my security question and my "backup" email so i cant use any of those.
this email is a "hotmail" and its really important to get back.
please help me :thanks:

Sindre

New Email
Hey guys... Thanks for posting this and having this forum available !!!

My hotmail account got blocked as of this morning !! :( Never had problem before in all the years and like many, I got all my personal info and all my contacts there.

I have contacted hotmail via the Windows Live ID Help and I have provided all the information showing I am the owner of my hotmail account . They say its usually 24 hours to get back to you. Has anyone had success with having their account restored in a timely manner ? IM losing my mind !!

I also wish hotmail had a much better way to contact them via phone or email directly if you cant log into your Windows Live account !

No, Never Succeed, Cause they let you create an messenger and then when the time come to use the personal information you might have forgotten it cause you got a life to live!

It took from 8-9 years i believe, then i got hacked and i needed my personal information, my father created my msn, but do not remember obviously, no one expects one to remember 1 time look information permanently and then recall it all several years later..

I lost my msn this way, and it taken 8 days, 8 unhappy days and still on, my msn has even ben shut for over a year or something..
It was no problem untill he created a resend password from a game i played and there i had invested over 11 000 "Norwegian Valuta" "Kroner" and got hacked that way, got my items back due Valve helping me, Then i figure when i send the INFORMATION TO MY PHONE! that someone would be able to freakin steam my phone and guess my steam, or steal my steam and guess the location of my phone to hack it, i dont get in even with my phone with the code.
I know some of my personal information is right, but it is just not enough for live..

How about Responding MESSENGER !?!? How About Helping ?!
It's my in real life Phone! you shouldn't need to remember almost 10 years old personal information which might be blurry-.-

Sindre

New Email
I got an Msn, I Got My Phone, Thats What I Was Gonna Use To Get My Messenger Back When And If It Got Hacked, Since I Noticed The Problems when I Forgot My Password And Resetted It Via Phone The First Time, Messenger, Help ?

szilard317

New Email
Dear Support!
I have a really big problem. Today morning when i wanted to login onto my mail adress, that told me, that my account has been blocked. then i started to request a new password, or something like this, but i didn't remember my alternative mail adress. then i tried to recover my account with the security questions, but i didn't remember my last send messages subjects neither. that is my blocked mail adress:(email deleted)

Last edited by a moderator:

THERESA

Customer Service
I deleted the email address from your post above. Never post your email in a public place unless you love spam. We are not hotmail support here at email questions. We just try to help people with their email and answer questions. Follow the steps HERE to regain control of your account.

hello, my problem is, that my hotmail account is blocced, and the say some is using my account, so to be sure, the wanto to send me a code on my cell phone, but i changed phone no
so they can't send me the code , what do i do to give them my new cell no.

Catchingfire

New Email
Hello. I have lost my hotmail account which has been my account for 5 years. I'm trying to access it but my entire information has changed (For e.g date, security question, e.t.c) I have no way to retrieve it by resetting the password. And the alternative email is the one which has not been in use for many years. WHAT DO I DO? :confused: