How to receive emails from my VPS

Vytvorweb.cz

New Email
I can not receive any emails from my VPS and I don't receive email with error status from hotmail. So I can say, where the problem is.

I have to add "@coolsoft.cz" into whitelist, then everything is ok. But I guess it's not a solution because I have no idea if my clients have this problem too and they can reach me or not.

VPS:
server1.coolsoft.cz
domain: coolsoft.cz
IP v4: 37.205.10.44
IP v6: 2a01:430:17:1::ffff:449

Any idea how to solve this?

Thank you

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Your mail server appears to be functioning OK.

Port 25 is open and receiving email. It thinks the address listed on your web site is valid:

rcpt to:<info@coolsoft.cz>
250 2.1.5 Ok

I see that ports 110 143 993 & 995 are all open. That should allow you to use your preference of POP3 or IMAP, without or without SSL enabled, to access your email.

Check the mail logs on your server. Where is the email delivering? Verify it's delivering to the virtual domain and that you're using the correct settings when checking your email

The only technical problem I see from that outside is that your MX record is a CNAME. I recommend changing server1 and making it an A record to 37.205.10.44.

I also don't recommend whitelisting your own domain name since it will greatly increase the amount of spam that you will receive.

Vytvorweb.cz

New Email
Hello,

thank you for your help.

I set CNAME today for a testing. I will set it back on an A record.

I have no problem with gmail.com, seznam.cz... Emails are not even in SPAM folder.

I can't find anything about that in mail log files.

I checked results over check-auth@verifier.port25.com:

==========================================================
Summary of Results
==========================================================
SPF check: pass
DomainKeys check: neutral
DKIM check: pass
DKIM check: pass
Sender-ID check: pass
SpamAssassin check: ham

Thank you

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Do you have ssh access to the mail server? I sent a test message that was received and did not generate a bounce message.

How are you connecting to try and get your email? POP3? IMAP? Webmail?

Are you using your full email address as the username? Maybe you're trying info instead of info@your-domain and that's why you're not seeing the email?

Did I misunderstand and I'm looking at this backwards?

Are you able to see email sent to you?

Is the problem that others are not receiving email sent from you using your VPS?

Vytvorweb.cz

New Email
I guess that my VPS have no problem receive email from other people. Your email was received successfully (subject: test email).

I have ssh connection, IMAP and webmail.

I think that there is some misunderstanding:
- I have an private email address on mail.live.com.
- This email address is not able to receive emails from my VPS
- I don't get any error messages with error code from live.com so I am not able to tell where is a problem and why my emails are blocked. (some blacklist?)

Thanks

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
You don't have any sending reputation. That can cause an issue:

Lookup for 37.205.10.44 - SenderScore.org

This is better than a bad reputation, but not as good as having an established reputation as a good email sender.

You are not listed on any RBL's. Your SPF record looks good.

Check your outgoing mail logs? What do they say about the delivery attempt to to the live.com email address?

Sometimes Microsoft quietly eats suspected spam. Also send a test to a Gmail account. Does it at least make it to the spam folder?

Keep sending email to those that want to receive it, won't mark it as spam, and will help with marking as "not junk" and the situation should improve.

If you can post the delivery log to live.com that should help. With the delivery log I can help you open a ticket with Microsoft if needed.

Vytvorweb.cz

New Email
My mail logs are ok, there is nothing wrong about this.

I send some emails to gmail account and everything was ok. Even email are not marked as SPAM. Only problem is just hotmail.

I post some logs:
- report domain: Report Domain: coolsoft.cz Submitter: hotmail.com
- email source: I had to add @coolsoft.cz into whitelist
- mail.info: same lines with log for email to hotmail account

I don't know if it is enough.

Attachments

• email-source.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 988
  • mail.info.txt
    355 bytes · Views: 992
  • report domain.txt
    836 bytes · Views: 792

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
The middle attachment "mail info" has the delivery log I'm looking for.

Is this a new server?

Can you describe the types of email that the server will be sending?

Vytvorweb.cz

New Email
Actually, it's new server (that mail part).
There are some websites on this server but they use SMTP to send emails. So I didn't need my own mail server.
I just installed mail server a few days ago.

The server will be sending few classic emails to my clients, just the ordinary correspondence. It won't be mail server for newsletters or something like that.

If you will need another info logs I will try to find it. Thanks

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Ticket opened. I should have a response from Microsoft within 24hrs. Maybe longer since it's a holiday weekend.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
They did not respond. It's been more than a few days. I'll reply and/or start a new one depending what response comes back.