how to open a conversation/question?

vansuze

New Email
problem;

Whole folders are missing from Yahoo folder area... that I named many years ago and were always there - before today! what to do to get them back, as Yahoo does not have an area or answers to this and only suggests getting back folders if it was done in the last 7 days... I don't know when this was eraced or hacked into and taken...as I didn't delete or erace it.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, Yahoo has a restore request form here that can be used to recover lost email and folders that disappeared in the last few days - Yahoo Account Restore Form

Before using that form I strongly recommend logging into Yahoo with a couple different web browsers and an email client such as Mozilla Thunderbird (here are the Yahoo IMAP settings) to make sure there really is a problem with your account and not a preference in your favorite web browser.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I set up a fresh profile in Thunderbird and it took a couple minutes for the folders to show up.

If you still don't see them, and you're sure they're gone, please go ahead and submit the account restore request to Yahoo.