How to move inbox from old e-mail to new e-mail?

19Netty88

New Email
Hello, I want to change my e-mail and was wondering if there is an easy way to move all my messages(corespondency) to my new e-mail address? I hope this make sence :) Thanks in advance!!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

How do you read your email today? Do you use a mail program on your computer?

Do you really want to move the email to the new email provider, or is it OK for both the old and new email accounts to be available from the same mail program?

:welcome: to Email Questions!

19Netty88

New Email
Hello popowich and thanks for your reply! I don't use a mail program, I read my e-mails directly from the e-mail provider website. Actually I would like to change my e-mail provider as it is not convenient to work with but I've been using it for years for work and I have there all of my corespondency. Almost always I need to refer to old e-mails from my business partners, that's why I need to move all of my messages. Now I have e-mail in mail.bg (it's Bulgarian one ) and I would like to switch with gmail.com :) I want to use just the new one and have all of my customers and partners to send me their messages on the new one. Also could you recomend me any good mail programs besides outlook? Thanks!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
You can configure Gmail to download a copy of your old emails from the Bulgarian provider if they offer pop3 access. What is their name?

I stick to the Gmail interface and my old friend (al)PINE for most of my email.

Mozilla Thunderbird is a good mail program if you want to read mail from your desktop.

19Netty88

New Email
Their name is Mail.bg and they offer POP3 access. I just set my gmail to check mails from my other account from Settings > "Accounts and Import" tab, but it's seems like now I can see my Inbox, but none of my Sent and Draft mails, which I still will need

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, it is true that pop3 will only download email from your inbox.

Are you able to move the email from sent-mail and drafts to your inbox at the old provider to pull them over?

If not, do they support IMAP so you can work with the email folders from a mail program on your computer such as Mozilla Thunderbird?

19Netty88

New Email
I move my Sent and Drafts to my Inbox on my old mail.bg account and now I have them on gmail as well :) So thanks so much for your help!! My sent e-mails are in both my gmail inbox and sentmail but it's all good. Once again thanks :))