How to host multiple virtual domains in FastMail without all targeting the primary inbox

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Do you want to organize your FastMail so that email associated with multiple virtual domains is not all delivered to the same inbox?

First, create a folder structure within your Inbox that can be later associated with your virtual domain addresses that need their own inbox, for example:
  • Inbox
    • VirtualDomain-1
      • Inbox-username1
      • Inbox-username2
      • Sent
    • VirtualDomain-2
      • Inbox
      • Sent
    • VirtualDomain-3
      • etc...
After creating the folders, use this guide from the FastMail site to help get your virtual addresses mapped into the new folder structure.

jimutt

New Email
This sounds just great, but I'm having some troubles getting it to work. I would really appreciate if someone could help me out.

Let's say I own the domain "superdomain.com" and have added it as a virtual domain on FastMail. Then I would like all incoming mail for the address "contact@superdomain.com" to be sent to the "Inbox -> superdomain -> Inbox-contact" folder. How do I set up the virtual address mapping for that?

EDIT: I fixed it! I didn't see the message about it taking up to 15 minutes for the changes to apply. My fault.