How to get back the old Yahoo email web page / interface / version

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Are you having difficultly getting back to an older version of Yahoo Mail?

To force Yahoo to prompt you with the option for the old Yahoo mail interface change your screen resolution to 800x600.

Write down your current setting so you can change it back in a few minutes!

After changing your resolution you'll be prompted with the following page when visiting Yahoo mail :
Yahoo Mail Classic.jpg
Click the link in the bottom right to get back to the old Yahoo Mail.

Once you have clicked the link you can reset your screen resolution to it's previous setting.

cinzia

New Email
Excellent it worked perfectly. I truly disliked the new Yahoo mail...it was awful inmy opinion and obviously others dislike it as well or they would not make it so difficult to return to the old email.

Peggy Mcc

New Email
I have tried this and receive the prompt to change back. But when I click on the "return to previous version" nothing is happening. Doesn's seem to be working. This is also the problems I have been expiercing with the new version. Does not receive my mouse clicks?

Ene

New Email
Popowich,

Worked perfectly! Thank you!

New Yahoo interface made the page vibrate. Weird. I'd open the page fully out and it would stop for a bit but then would continue. Ugh.

Ok, gonna finish my emailing... :)

THERESA

Customer Service
I didn't receive the prompt. I logged out and logged back into my yahoo mail and it still did not prompt that there was a problem. Apparently Yahoo figured this out and it isn't working anymore. I HATE the new mail and will be getting rid of it if there is no way to go back to classic. Are there any other suggestions?

THERESA

Customer Service
This did work for me-thanks!!! I am including a screenshot of what to do after you download the plugin. I use firefox but had to choose Internet Explorer because that was the only option-but it worked. When it takes you to the log in page for yahoo, log in then it will give two links (one for that log in only and another for indefinite) Choose the second one.

mail.png

RonRonDoRon

New Email
Thanks much - worked for me.

I didn't quite hate the new version, but I thought it was pointless change just for the sake of change. The old format worked fine and I could find my way around because I was used to it. With all the stuff there is to keep up with, why learn new stuff that serves no purpose?

It's similar to Microsoft shuffling the location of things in the menus when they come out with new Windows versions. (And still not fixing things that seem obvious and have been annoying me through several versions.)

I used to work for a division of Yahoo. They uses to do the same thing with organization charts and other intra-company matters. Pointless shuffling. No wonder their business is in trouble.

I've now registered here and no doubt will be back for help navigating the world of tech.

Thanks again.

THERESA

Customer Service
I hate when they change things I am used to. They usually try to say it's new and improved. I usually beg to differ and prefer the old trusted way of doing it that I'm used to. I guess I'm kinda set in my ways. :)

DOPPER

New Email
JUST CLICK ON THIS- IT WORKS INTERNET EXPLORER IS WHAT I USE- I WAS SO ECITED I HAD TO JOIN AND SHARE THIS
HOW TO CHANGE BACK TO THE OLD YAHOO MAIL: (link removed)

Last edited by a moderator:

THERESA

Customer Service
I had to remove the link on the above post because it won't work for anyone that just clicks on it. (It brings you to the yahoo mail log in page)

irene dube

New Email
Please help me get back to my yahoo.e-mail account I have try but I don't know what I am doing wrong, I can't get out E-mail Questions I have answer the question but I can't ssend it

rednan

New Email
I was having this same problem and could not get any help from anyone. I could not use my contacts list without getting an error message. Finally, went to Tools, Compatability Settings and added Yahoo. That's it! :yay:Fixed it! Unbelievable that Yahoo doesn't know to tell people this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wheelie

New Email
Not the right place I know but I can't start a new thread..
Anybody have updates on the yahoo mail problem.. temporary error 14

fred410

New Email
Actually there another to force on the old interface:
What you actually do is change part of the URL after you login.

1) login into yahoo mail as usual.
2) click in the URL line of the web session - look for the word "neo" in the URL
3) change the word "neo" to "mc".....
4) lastly, hit the "enter" key to submit the changed URL.

the "fix" will last the whole session.