How to get a yes/no choice re saving emails to draft?

sallyc

New Email
Every other email program I use asks me first if I want to save my in-progress email to drafts if I cancel out or close the program. But Yahoo webmail does it automatically whether I want to or not. (Usually I don't want to.) Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed to cause it to present this choice? And why wouldn't the default be to offer the choice?

somdcomputerguy

New Email
Think of webmail as an email client (program) that 'runs' in your browser. I doubt your browser asks you if you want to save the last page it is on when you close it. Actually, most if not all do, but by session history or URL history, and 'silently'. That's a whole different topic though. I don't use Yahoo webmail so I can't really help you at all in this specifically, sorry.

- Bruce

sallyc

New Email
Think of webmail as an email client (program) that 'runs' in your browser. I doubt your browser asks you if you want to save the last page it is on when you close it. Actually, most if not all do, but by session history or URL history, and 'silently'. That's a whole different topic though. I don't use Yahoo webmail so I can't really help you at all in this specifically, sorry.

- Bruce
I see no reason why it cannot ask me first before saving it to drafts, even though it is running in a browser. And, yes, I do get messages like that from other browser apps. And I'm not talking about when I close the yahoo browser tab. I'm talking about when I close the particular email, while yahoo is continuing to run.

somdcomputerguy

New Email
I'm not familiar with the Yahoo webmail interface. There might be an option in the 'Preferences' or 'Options' section.

- Bruce