How to format our posts?

curvefan

Valued Member
Hey guys, I was hoping someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong when I try to post something. After I complete a sentence, I usually hit enter and go down a line. I do this so that it makes for easier reading of the post. But when I click on "preview post", everything just runs together, making it hard to read. Suggestions please. I use Firefox if that matters. Thanks

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
If you want it to look more like mine I hit enter twice.

The first goes to the next line.

The second creates a blank line.

Resulting in a post that looks more like this.

Is this what you mean? (I use Firefox too)

foggy

Valued Member
Hi, curvefan

Is this what you mean ?

Putting space between the paragraph above and the one below ?

If so, I don't know why you are having problems. I use FF and Opera here and have no trouble whatsoever. (I hit Enter twice, of course,to create double-spacing.)

curvefan

Valued Member
Thanks guys, I've already tried those suggestions and still get the same results. I've even hit enter three times and it still runs together as you can see. Thanks for the help.

foggy

Valued Member
Thanks guys, I've already tried those suggestions and still get the same results. I've even hit enter three times and it still runs together as you can see. Thanks for the help.

So, just to clarify, are you saying that you type a sentence or two, then you hit Enter twice.

Then you type your next sentence(s) which appear correctly as double-spaced in the compose screen.

But when you hit "Preview" the formatting will change and the above will look like this:

So, just to clarify, are you saying that you type a sentence or two, then you hit Enter twice.Then you type your next sentence(s) which appear correctly as double-spaced in the compose screen. But when you hit "Preview" the above will look like this:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Do you have any extra toolbars or addons installed that could be modifying your posts before they reach the forums?

Anything extra related to removing ads from pages, improving HTML performance, etc?

Try disabling those for a few minutes (or try a different web browser) and see if the problem goes away.

curvefan

Valued Member
That's exactly what's happening. In the compose screen everything is double spaced and looks fine, but when I hit "preview", everything still runs together.

I will try popowich's suggestion as to the ad blockers and see what happens.

Thanks

curvefan

Valued Member
Whoa!!!

Looks like I figured out what the problem was.

I have the no script extension installed in Firefox and apparently I had to allow scripts to run, to be able to post properly.

Thanks for all your help guys. Couldn't have done it without ya.