How to fix POP3 and IMAP settings for Yahoo Mail (Yahoo Requires SSL)

wvanwormer

Valued Member
I tried using the "other" add setting. It does not give me a page to input the incoming or outgoing server information.

Why?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
After tapping Other select Mail account:

iPhone - Add Mail Account.jpg

Then type in your basic acocunt information:

iPhone - New Account.jpg

On the next screen is the area to type in the incoming mail server name for Yahoo Mail (imap.mail.yahoo.com):

iPhone - Incoming mail server host name.jpg

wvanwormer

Valued Member
I completely shut down the iPhone, restarted and then added the Yahoo account under "other". Now it works... but I can not see what had gone wrong to create this problem.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
This is speculation, it's impossible to say for sure, but if it was working OK and suddenly broke it could be because something happened specific to your phone that caused your iPhone to get confused, or there may have been a Yahoo service issue related to the servers that host your account and something about their internal failover and/or account restore process caused enough of a change to your mailbox to confuse your mail programs.

wvanwormer

Valued Member
In the past, the iPhone worked well with the Yahoo account. It had been set up using the POP, now I used the IMAP as you asked, and it works.

Each of the machines is now showing a 100% rate in working emails... I really appreciate your help.

I have no idea what the next problem will be. I will be back with you in the future..

Van