How to find the SMTP and the SMTP Port in HotMail?

Fern

Blacklisted
My Spyware provider is asking me what my SMTP is and what is my SMTP Port number. They need this in order to comunicate with me with matters that relate to spyware.Don't know where to find this info. I use both Hotmail and Gmail either on IE or Mozilla.. Any help will be truly appreciated..
Fern:(

Last edited:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

If you are using Gmail and Hotmail from your web browser then you are not sending e-mail out an smtp server or smtp port such as 25. If you explain to them that you are using Gmail and Hotmail from your web browser they should understand how you are accessing your email messages.

-Raymond

Fern

Blacklisted
Thanks Raymond, but now, I understand what an SMTP is.. and what is happening with my spyware provider is that THEY are using one. I explain.
When a report of infected files comes in, they aks me to export the report to them thru an "EXPORT REPORT" link. Then is when another smaller window asks me what my SMTP and my SMTP Port No. are.

In other words, I will be using theirs, but I dont know if their email service has any conexion with mine and that is why they are asking me this info. There is probably an SMTP that lies somewhere in there when I send Email that I do not originate in an ordinary way.

Tks forall the help..
Fern:confused:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

This setting might work for you: mail.swbell.net

If not, give SW Bell a call and ask them for the correct SMTP server setting for your connection.

When you are not sure what server to use, you should use the server that belongs to service that providers your internet connection.

-Raymond