How to disable location security checking??

skan

New Email
Hi

How can disable the Hotmail's "change of location" security checking?
My job forces me to keep travelling every day (even abroad) and this feature is quite annoying.
I can't keep veryfying my identity once and again.
Validation with other email is not an option if your 2nd mail is also hotmail.
Validation with phone number is not always possible or desirable when you are roaming.

Many people think have been hacked but it's just they accessed from a different location.

regards

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Skan,

Does your company provide VPN access so that no matter where you are in the world you can connect and appear to be coming from your jobs network as far as Hotmail is concerned?

I recommend using your company email address or a different acocunt such as Gmail as your alternate address if multiple Hotmail accounts is creating an issue for you.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

skan

New Email
Hello

I'm freelancer.
Anyway I would like to know the answer also for other people.
VPN services are not available in some situations (for example if you log from a cybercafé and you are not allowed to configure the connection). And some people don't trust VPN providers.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Skan,

It's not going to be possible to disable the check, but there are ways around it.

Another option is to register your own domain name and have the Hotmail forwarded or POP'ed by another mail service that meets your needs.