How to delete mail in Outlook Express version 6?

LenardJoseph

New Email
I'm running xp pro with outlook express version 6. When I receive emails in the inbox and choose to delete them they just stay there. I can shift delete but just delete does nothing. When I right click and go delete that also doesn't work.

Can you please assist. Thanks.

Magnusson

Greylisted
Hello,

Is deleting mail the only issue? Can you navigate to other folders and view emails?

1. Register two important Outlook files. Go to Start > Run and type regsvr32 OLE32.DLL
Also, type regsvr32 inetcomm.dll

2. Register Outlook Express.

Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type msimn /reg, and then click OK.
(Note that you will not see anything happen.)

In Internet Explorer click Options on the Tools menu.

Click the Programs tab and select Outlook Express as the default e-mail client and as the default news client. You can change those later if you wish.

3. Check if folders.dbx file is corrupt. With OE close, do search for folders.dbx and rename it to folders.old.

The file is located in C:\Documents and Settings\<account name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\<hexadecimal number>\Microsoft\Outlook Express folder. It is a hidden folder, so you have to unhide hidden folders and files to see it. Go to any folder and select Tools > Folders Options > View. Check "Show hidden files and folders". Click OK.

Refer to the following thread for some additional possible solutions = https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/321505