How to create an alias for your primary Yahoo email account

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Yahoo now offers a feature where you can alias a second e-mail address to your primary Yahoo account.

If you go to the Yahoo account alias page you will be able to add a second e-mail address to your primary Yahoo email account.

Last edited:

Marc

New Email
Is there a way to set up a yahoo alias that ends in @xxxx.com instead of @yahoo.com? I used to have a yahoo alias that ended in a-b-c-group.com, but it has disappeared and I cannot find it. Apparently dashes are no longer allowed in creating an alias. Am I correct? If I try to find my alias ending in a-b-c-group.com, yahoo cannot find it. I also cannot recreate it as I cannot use dashes any longer apparently. Does yahoo no longer offer extra email address that can end in something other than yahoo.com?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
To find the alias settings in the current version of Yahoo Mail (as of June 2017):

In the top right of your Yahoo inbox click "Settings", then click "More Settings":

Yahoo Mail More Settings.jpg

Next, in the left side navigation click "Mailboxes", then click the button "Add another mailbox" to create the alias:

Yahoo Add Alias.jpg