How to copy email messages with the header

tanja

New Email
I know how to copy a message and paste it. What I want is to create a 'book' of a series of emails for a present. I want the emails to look like email, i.e., I don't want simply the message copied and pasted into a document with all the other ones.The header with the sender, recipient, date and subject line is also important.

When I have tried to do this using the 'print' button in the email (Yahoo), copying and pasting yields the email plus unattractive lines/boxes around the message and the header.

Is there a way to copy the email so that it can be viewed just as it is when viewed in the account? I need the emails to be in one document for printing, not one email per page. Do I ask too much??? :)

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
How about taking screen shots, cutting out what you want, and pasting it into a power point presentation?

Use these directions, but instead of attaching to a thread import into a presentation : http://www.emailquestions.com/general/1316-take-screen-shot-using-microsoft-paint.html

Do you need help finding the "book" software or does power point for work that?

If you don't have office there is a free power point in an open source office download called Open Office.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

tanja

New Email
Thanks for the welcome.

I have made my first attempt without success, but there will be others! I just don't have time at the moment. At the office and there is werk, werk, werk! I appreciate your quick response.

I think the trouble is my lack of familiarity with Paint. I'll get some help with that and see if the idea you have will work for me.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Were you able to figure it out or do you still need help with the screen shots?

If you need any help please let us know. :thanks:

onridiko

New Email
To copy email messages with the header, you can follow these general steps:

1. Open your email client or webmail interface and sign in to your email account.
  2. Locate the email message that you want to copy, and open it so that you can view its contents.
  3. Look for an option to view the email's full header or source. This option is usually available in the email client's menu or settings, often labeled as "View Headers," "Show Original," or something similar. Click on that option.
  4. The email header or source will be displayed, usually in a new window or tab. This header contains technical information about the email, such as sender and recipient details, timestamps, and routing information.
  5. Select the entire header text, either by clicking and dragging the mouse cursor over it or by using the keyboard shortcut for selecting all text (Ctrl+A or Command+A).
  6. Copy the selected header text to the clipboard. You can right-click and choose "Copy" from the context menu, or use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+C or Command+C).
  7. Now, you have copied the email header. To copy the email message itself, return to the original email window or tab.
  8. Select and highlight the content of the email message, including any text, images, or attachments you wish to copy. Again, you can click and drag the mouse cursor or use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+A or Command+A) to select all.
  9. Copy the selected email message content to the clipboard, just like you did with the header. Right-click and choose "Copy" from the context menu or use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+C or Command+C).
  10. The email header and message content are now both copied to your clipboard. You can paste them into a text editor, word processor, or any other application where you want to save or use the copied information. Right-click and choose "Paste" from the context menu or use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+V or Command+V).
Remember that the specific steps may vary slightly depending on your email client or webmail interface. However, the general concept of accessing the email header and copying the message content should be similar across different platforms.