How to change middle name

thall92

New Email
For some reason I have a really annoying middle name set from years ago. It's really bugging me that it comes up in Hotmail and want it gone. Have tried numerous times and scouring the web has found nothing either. Can someone help?

Thanks

THERESA

Customer Service
Do you mean when you send an email it says from Christopher Nicholas Jones (as an example) ?

thall92

New Email
I noticed it when I needed to send myself some of my uni work and when I put my own email address in the 'to' box it comes up with a middle name I can't remember setting. Will that be what I have myself saved as in my contacts or what my middle name is set to?

On my settings there is no option for a middle name so can't change it that way

And I can't find myself saved in my contact to edit that. Really weird and sorry this is probably so confusing!

Thanks though.

THERESA

Customer Service
hmmm I made a small tutorial to change it in your emails that you are sending out. You would have to check in your address book to see if you have yourself there and if you included a middle name. If it is happening due to the way you set up your account, this may work:

Follow the images here to get to the place where you set your name. First click the settings wheel in the top right hand corner and select "more mail settings" from the drop down box.

remove middle name1.png

remove middle name2.png

remove middle name3.png

remove middle name4.png

You can click on the images to enlarge them if you need to.
Is it possible that you put Christopher Nicholas on the first line for your first name? If so, remove the middle name there and it should go away if this is the cause for it showing up.