How to avoid phishing

Jive1

New Email
Hey!
I send out a newsletter almost every third week concerning the activities of our club.
Some of my adressees' mail system reply me that my newsletter was not read/was deleted because of phishing.
How can I avoid that?
Greetz
Jive1

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

I don't think this is really a phishing situation. For more on phishing see this article :

http://www.emailquestions.com/email...otect-your-email-accounts-phishing-scams.html

The basics of email list management are :

• only send email to addresses that want it
  • remove addresses that bounce with permanent errors (5xx)
  • remove addresses that bounce several times with temporary errors (4xx)
  • make it easy to unsubscribe
  • let them know how they got subscribed
  • avoid sending email from shared IP addresses (other bad senders can your IP can affect your reputation)
It's not uncommon for a couple emails or feedback loops to report spam./phishing when lazy list members use those buttons to block the email instead of following the unsubscribe procedure.

Jive1

New Email
Hey!
Thank you for your advice!
However, I receive some messages telling that my newsletter was not read, and litterally telling PHISHING being the reason why it was not read and deleted.

Jive1

New Email
Hey!
Althoigh, I receiver some messages telling that my newsletter was not read and deleted due to PHISHING reasons.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Can you reply with one of the emails that you are receiving?

Is it a feedback loop email from a large email provider such as AOL, Hotmail, or Yahoo?

Are you receiving a lot of these emails?

Do they include the original message?

Is a spammer sending out phishing emails using your newsletter email address as part of the email?