How many active email accounts do you have?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I was thinking about the number of email accounts that I have. I have my primary personal account and also some domain based accounts that forward to my primary. I have my account at work that's used for business communication. I also have an address that I use for more risky emails including registrations I'm not sure about or are likely to be spammy. The last is for stuff where I'm forced to register and might need to click a confirmation link in an email but don't ever want to see another email from them. In total I'd consider it 4 active email accounts for personal, business, more spammy, and absolute junk.

foggy

Valued Member
I take it you're asking how many accounts we have that we use routinely, not merely how many valid email accounts we have but don't use. Well, that depends on what day of the week you ask. ;)

Just recently I moved my primary service to FastMail, hosting 2 domains there and having a number of aliases (using FM's own domains). I use my domains (one address with each domain) for friends & family, and use one of my FM addresses/aliases for 'junk' (shopping, message boards, newsletter sign-ups, etc.), keeping the others in case I get too much spam and have to replace it.

I also recently re-opened a Google Apps account with one of the domains FM hosts for those days I prefer using Google's webmail interface. (Since Apps can POP and send without MX records being pointed to it, it works great as an alternate client. Perfect for those like me with short attentions spans. :D)

But I don't use GApps for back-up. I have an account with PolarisMail to which I auto-forward all mail coming to FM -- for backup purposes.

I also have about 5 valid but unused accounts (Lavabit, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, Hushmail -- I'm waiting for Hushmail's new interface and upgrades before making more use of that service).

So, all that translates to: 5 unused accounts, four active addresses, 3 active accounts, two hosted domains...... and a partridge in a pear tree. :rofl:

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
I've got one master account with a bunch of domain based forwards in. I use my Yahoo/AIM/Hotmail accounts for junk. The only reason I have those addresses is because they came with the IM account.

CarlS

Valued Member
I was thinking about the number of email accounts that I have. I have my primary personal account and also some domain based accounts that forward to my primary. I have my account at work that's used for business communication. I also have an address that I use for more risky emails including registrations I'm not sure about or are likely to be spammy. The last is for stuff where I'm forced to register and might need to click a confirmation link in an email but don't ever want to see another email from them. In total I'd consider it 4 active email accounts for personal, business, more spammy, and absolute junk.
I use Hushmail and pay for it so I have access to unlimited alias addresses which I use. Other than that I have no other accounts.