How do I prevent lost emails after closing website host?

WLD

New Email
I have a website hosted by Bluehost. I need to close my account and do not plan on getting another host (for financial reasons). However, I want to continue getting my email connected to my domain name (wld@domainname.com). Is this possible?

Also, is there a way to redirect from my current domain name to my blog without a web host? In other words, when someone types in my current “dot com“, can they go directly to my blog without a host? (Oops, that is not an email question. I’d appreciate the help anyway, if you can.)

Thank you,
wld

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I have a website hosted by Bluehost. I need to close my account and do not plan on getting another host (for financial reasons). However, I want to continue getting my email connected to my domain name (wld@domainname.com). Is this possible?
Yes, you can have google host the email for your personal domain.

Here is some more information:

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/messaging.html#utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk&utm_medium=ha&utm_term=domain%20email

Also, is there a way to redirect from my current domain name to my blog without a web host? In other words, when someone types in my current “dot com“, can they go directly to my blog without a host? (Oops, that is not an email question. I’d appreciate the help anyway, if you can.)
Maybe. Most web sites are hosted as virtual domains these days. In DNS you can try pointing domainname.com to the same IP address as your blog but that probably won't work. What you are looking for is a free web redirection service. Here are some companies that provide this service if you need it:

Google Search results for free web redirect

-Raymond