How do I get an invitation to SCRYPTmail?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I opened a ticket with Microsoft support because the invitation emails are going to the Junk folder for Outlook.com users.

After some back and forth with Microsoft they decided they are still unable to provide any mitigation for this issue, but they did suggest the following tips to help resolve the problem:

Tips for getting email delivered to the inbox at Outlook.com | Email Questions

In the meantime, if you request an invitation to an Outlook.com address, please be aware it may deliver to the junk folder.

SCRYPTmail

Email Service Provider
After some back and forth with Microsoft they decided they are still unable to provide any mitigation for this issue, but they did suggest the following tips to help resolve the problem:

Tips for getting email delivered to the inbox at Outlook.com | Email Questions

In the meantime, if you request an invitation to an Outlook.com address, please be aware it may deliver to the junk folder.
Hi popowich. Thanks for troubleshooting this. However link you send seems more appropriate for mass emailers like mandrill or sendgrid. During my research, I found that if our server not sending thousands emails per day for specific services, they won't make permanent record to whitelist or blacklist domain, but examine each individual email separately. In our case if you send big email most likely it will go to inbox(I checked by forwarding big emails with images etc), but few lines email, or our invitation in this case will go to junk.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
HI Sergei,

Are you open to trying the following? This first point is a bug fix. The mismatched From: vs: Return-Path: could be part of the issue.

The Return-Path is set to FirstName@scriptmail.com instead of username@scryptmail.com :

Return-Path: Raymond@scryptmail.com (It should be popowich@scriptmail.com)

Also, how about rewriting the invitation message body like this? It's mostly focused on adding standard lingo to the end of the email.

Code:
Hi firstName,

I would like to invite you to try SCRYPTmail, a free email service that can protect our email with end-to-end encryption. No one except us will be able to read our emails.

To join me, please sign up here:

https://scryptmail.com/createSelectedUser

Thank you,
realFirst realLast

SCRYPTmail provides private and encrypted email communication.  Privacy is your right, not a privilege.

You received this email because realFirst realLast (theirUsername@scriptmail) invited you to create an account on SCRYPTmail.  This is the only email communication that you will receive.  If you do not want to register, do nothing.  Your email address was not saved and you will receive no further emails from SCRYPTmail.  If you suspect abuse please forward this email to abuse@scryptmail.com.

Maybe require the firstName to be within the users contacts before they can invite that person to SCRYPTmail? That's probably a minor improvement that's not worth the effort today. First let's see how much the bug fix and abuse lingo help.

SCRYPTmail

Email Service Provider
HI Sergei,

Are you open to trying the following? This first point is a bug fix. The mismatched From: vs: Return-Path: could be part of the issue.

The Return-Path is set to FirstName@scriptmail.com instead of username@scryptmail.com :

Return-Path: Raymond@scryptmail.com (It should be popowich@scriptmail.com)

Also, how about rewriting the invitation message body like this? It's mostly focused on adding standard lingo to the end of the email.

I just checked header outlook receiving:
Code:
x-store-info:fHNTDlzCF8Nxw6HwcfGQy+S7Ax/lqLSmdigw4wygv8ARWdL6Cu42Q4Sj6hQO00hlQjW3R6zvRDFT7YRci+Louqc/jwE2wbkJgXMxbrQohPn+3OJbl9+SJnx7oj3MIAUFc5Fv27Iy1Cc=
Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; spf=pass (sender IP is 173.193.178.243) smtp.mailfrom=Sergei@scryptmail.com; dkim=fail header.d=scryptmail.com; x-hmca=pass header.id=sergei@scryptmail.com
X-SID-PRA: sergei@scryptmail.com
X-AUTH-Result: PASS
X-SID-Result: PASS
X-Message-Status: n:n
X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTE7YT0xO0Q9MjtHRD0yO1NDTD00
X-Message-Info: 11chDOWqoTkIiCUYzyCgnW7nKWU2lnHCSmLDV9dot+xdBmho/RV9nrfAt3IlClvdqEN5Ez6/9p7pdVBVWK/Qz6QcK3cPSR8jyVFYcDZpwSgxsvo/4hwCwDEjtqeDBI9J/B93iRuPM3Qj/Hw8N6ZS7nRWEevQqfKeW/x7odDsKqm0YmNfojJQr9HIS02LA4f66CkcltSfceOkMH206jC0n0cKUZiYB1WNN97I4PDuN/Q=
Received: from api1.scryptmail.com ([173.193.178.243]) by COL004-MC2F6.hotmail.com over TLS secured channel with Microsoft SMTPSVC(7.5.7601.23008);
Sun, 17 May 2015 13:05:02 -0700
Received: by api1.scryptmail.com (Postfix, from userid 997)
id 120A48035774C; Sun, 17 May 2015 20:05:02 +0000 (UTC)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=scryptmail.com;
s=default; t=1431893102;
bh=o1wl8c+ok8/MFVxqfnDLkRExTY7O+9zivi2bSvUj+wg=;
h=To:Subject:From:Reply-To:Date;
b=oM9SyP7JCMZX+ZvUhllvLmwx78f9s52yQ91ltzsTAk/4oZjwLXMA8MwrTjOYW9Xf+
hjxF+BYvpXPjtfAAC3FT1FVwpGD9CGzbYgporzUEu6xiidp+6WjHxBKXHeCFXlXiaN
WYzXmf0Y75Jjq9Ck6PrLCI1Njr/8LS23ZW29Z20w=
To: **s*k**@outlook.com
Subject: Sergei Krutov invites you to join SCRYPTmail
MIME-Version: 1.0
Reply-To: Sergei Krutov <sergei@scryptmail.com>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=np5558f46e07e47
Message-Id: <20150517200502.120A48035774C@api1.scryptmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 20:05:02 +0000 (UTC)
Return-Path: Sergei@scryptmail.com
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 17 May 2015 20:05:02.0785 (UTC) FILETIME=[C2B8F310:01D090DC]
I'm not sure I was able to find mismatch you referred to.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I think you might not see it because your first name matches your username.

Change your first name to something like "test" for a moment and send a new invite and you should see what I'm talking about.

The return path will become test instead of Sergei

SCRYPTmail

Email Service Provider
oh, thats right. Return-Path put your name. :( however even with correct one it still went to junk :-/

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I still see the bad Return-Path when sending an invite.

I'd also try the wording at the end of the emails, then stop worrying about it for the moment.

Make the quick bug fix and add the abuse wording to the end.

If that works, great! If not, maybe some time and enough users marking "not junk" will help.

In the meantime hopefully most of those being invited know to check their Junk folder when expecting an invite or will be told by the user on your end that they should be expecting the invite.

SCRYPTmail

Email Service Provider
Ok. I just pushed fix for return path. Cause was, that postfix will strip everything out of email except first word and add domain for return path. So I have to provide only email in php as return path.
Adding abuse and correct path still wont fix delivery into inbox for outlook. I just assume it some of 'Microsoft' features we can overcome when more people start using us. As for now manual white listening sender will solve problem.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
SCRYPTmail plans to open registrations back up within a few days. Anyone who replies here will get a notification when it's available again.

Aleha

New Email
Same here, please invite me. Also because I can't really find an invitation form where to ask from somewhere on your website..