How do I export a single contacts category on Yahoo?

LadyDi

New Email
Before Yahoo changed the "Address" feature on Classic Mail to "Contacts" I was able to export one category (with many names) to another Yahoo user. Now I try to export one category but the entire Contact list is exported. Please help!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Re: How do I export a single category on Yahoo?

Hello,

The way I handle creating a list of Yahoo contacts from a specific category is to do the following :
  • Export the complete contacts list in Yahoo CSV format
  • Download the CSV file to my desktop
  • Upload the CSV file to Google Docs
  • Click the arrow at the top of the category column -> sort A-Z
  • Now your contacts are organized by category so you can cut -> paste -> save only the category of contacts that you want to share.
If you need more specific steps and screen shots please let us know.

Last edited:

Marcusta

New Email
Re: How do I export a single category on Yahoo?

The way I handle creating a list of Yahoo contacts from a specific category is to do the following :

Hello,

I got this into google docs, now how do I or where do I copy and paste the contacts I want to, to get into Windows Mail.

I'd appreciate your help.

Marcus

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcusta

New Email
I figured out how to get it on Google Docs, now once I copy the contacts I want to put on my windows mail... Where do I submit it at windows mail?

Thanks...

Marcijo33

New Email
How do you upload the csv file into Google Docs? I've already made a separate list of contacts in my Yahoo mail, and need to export it into a csv - not my ENTIRE address book. How do I upload it into Google Docs? Thanks!

Marcijo33

New Email
ok, I figured out how to import the csv file into google docs - but are you saying I need to cut and paste 356 contacts from this new list I've made? I don't quite get what I'm supposed to do now. Thanks!!